About the Job
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited seeks an Architect, Software for the Monetization & Workplace Tech: Intl department.
The software architect will design, develop, and implement solutions for the business units supported by the Monetization and Portfolio Management (MPM) group within the Monetization & Workplace Technology (MWT) department. The resource will participate in requirements gathering and business process definition to gain an understanding of what is required of a proposed initiative. The resource will be responsible for the technical design that achieves the business requirements. The resource will evaluate candidate technology solutions (SaaS, PaaS, custom app, COTS) and recommend the solution that best meets or exceeds the business need. The resource will align with the technology guidance from AT&T, WarnerMedia, and WarnerMedia Technology & Operations, and industry best practices. The resource's technical design will include software architecture, data architecture, system integration, and software development methodology. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are required of the role as they are required to collaborate with both internal and external technical teams and with senior technology and business leadership. Experience in the entertainment industry and in entertainment technology solutions is a plus.
- Design, build, configure, and deliver technology solutions to meet business needs. Act as a technology advocate, seeking out opportunities to leverage existing and emerging technologies to the benefit of the business. Evaluate candidate solutions and make recommendation for the selection and implementation.
- Provide technical and software architecture expertise, advising on and contributing to the design and implementation of systems across the MPM portfolio. Contribute to the establishment of guidance and best practices for software architecture and design consistent with WMTO and industry best practices.
- Lead project and support efforts, contributing to the resource planning, budget tracking and cost estimates, issue, risk and contingency planning, and tracking progress and providing status to senior leadership.
- Work directly with business users to discover requirements, formulate options, and recommend solutions to meet the business needs. Maintain collaborative and partner relationships with business users.
- Act as a representative of the MPM group, participating in WarnerMedia Technology and Monetization & Workplace Tech initiatives. Develop cross functional, cross divisional, cross disciplinary relationships that assist with ensuring initiatives are collaborative and successful.
- 5+ year scripting language (Python or equivalent)
- Proven experience in defining software architecture and working with development teams to implement architecture plans
- Proven experience working with medium to large development projects as a solution architect/designer
- Proven experience managing software development; leading developers and engineers in implementing solutions and architecture plans
- Experience conducting technology, trends, standards, and products research
- Solid track record in prioritizing and executing tasks when under pressure
- Experience providing guidance and leadership to novice systems engineers and developers
- Proven experience identifying, analyzing and resolving system problems
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Cloud certification (AWS or Azure) is a plus
- Expertise on Web Service Integration and Application Program Interface (RESTful APIs)
- Knowledge of application layer protocols, such as AMQP, MQTT, TCP/IP, UDP HTTP/S, and Web Sockets
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-native applications, in public/private cloud infrastructure such as Azure and AWS
- Experience in defining architectures that satisfy security, compliance, scalability, high availability, and network management/monitoring requirements.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and microservices architecture concepts, web services, automated business processes (BPM), event-driven architecture, and BPEL orchestrations.
- Solid knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN).
- Solid knowledge of enterprise application integration and experience with messaging technologies (JMS, Kafka, AMQ).
- Solid knowledge of relevant security, regulatory and compliance matters as they relate to system design (PCI, SOX, ESAPI/OWASP, SAML, GDPR/CCPA).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills in a technically challenging environment - must be able to think critically and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work within Agile-Scrum methodology
- Entertainment industry experience is a plus. Knowledge of theatrical distribution, home entertainment, consumer products, and/or enterprise financial systems is beneficial.
- Interpersonal and collaborative skills are required. Successful candidate must have a track record of collaborating in a team environment on mid to large scale software initiatives.
- Deliverables the position will be expected to produce include:
- Software Design & Technical Architecture diagrams and documents
- Development estimates (cost, timeline) and plans
- Development methodology documentation
- Reports on technical progress, risk and issues
- Software Design and Code reviews and sign-off
- Test Case and methodology documentation