Analyst, Enterprise Finance Solutions
About the Job
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an Analyst, Enterprise Finance Solutions for the Enterprise Technology: WB Finance & Planning Solutions department.
The Analyst, Enterprise Finance & Tax position is an individual contributor providing technology systems support for Finance, Tax, Production Incentives & Financial Statutory systems. The Analyst performs a translation of technology requirements to technical solutions, building workflows & documenting solutions. Responsible for functional specifications, configuration & testing of system enhancements and projects. The Analyst is also responsible for Application ownership as assigned to maintain and manage. Provide project management support across the system development life cycle. This position must develop familiarity with the technologies and applications available to Warner Media., and the technology used to run the systems supported by this role.
- Perform Application (SAP and other Financials) system configuration activities data extracts and reporting including developing, testing and implementation.
- Conducts application design sessions to solution the best approach to translate business requirements into a technical solution, subsequently participating in the evaluation and prioritization of process improvements, including creation of blueprint process design documents and design prototypes
- Coordinate, estimate, review and implement Application enhancement requests, manage timeline, reviewing test plans, perform system testing and work with support team to define a Technical Cutover plan and production deployment schedule
- Provide Project Management support as assigned, maintain project plans, create SharePoint Team Sites, build project reports and analysis regarding project health and status, maintain and follow-up risk & issue database, document meeting notes, capture action items and follow-up for completion. Perform Project Management Office activities as assigned.
- Work with the internal and external service provider(s) as it relates to the support of the application portfolio, and/or projects for the supported client groups
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience working in an IT or associated technical role.
- Prior internships or work experience in a functional capacity within, Financial Accounting (FI), Tax and BW is highly desired.
- Experience working or supporting business areas of Finance & Tax processes is desired
- Preference of technical knowledge of SAP, Oracle or BW & Reporting tools
- Expert Excel skills and data analysis experience
- Project Management Support and PMO Analyst experience is desirable
- Entertainment industry experience is desirable.
- Application design experience is desirable.
- Working in a multi-labor work environment that includes internal and out-sourced resources is a plus.
- Due to the significant coordination and communication requirements for this pivotal role, outstanding documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required. All candidates will be asked to provide documentation samples representative of their work (e.g., as-is, to-be, gap analysis, functional design specifications, etc...).
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required
- Major in Finance, Computer Science or Engineering is desirable
- GPA over 3.0 desired
- Knowledge of Tax, Financial Accounting (FI), and general SAP or Oracle processes is highly preferred.
- Requirements definition and realization experience is required.
- Business re-engineering experience desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills, interpretive and evaluative skills.
- Outstanding documentation (meeting minutes & notes), presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience coordinating and monitoring projects and their activities within a matrixed organizational structure, including complex vendor interactions, are desirable (e.g., functional manager, project manager, vendor manager, etc.).
- Expert Knowledge of Excel and knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
- Knowledge and practical experience with Microsoft Visio & Project are desirable.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels.
- Must be able to reason through issues and resolve problems.
- Must be able to translate sometimes complex conversations into easily readable and digestible notes or other relevant documentation.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be flexible.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent time management skills to perform in a fast-paced, high pressure, high volume environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent tasks, and work with constant interruptions.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel as requested
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands