Warehouse Shipping Department Manager – 2nd Shift
About the Job
Do you enjoy managing your team, problem-solving and, engaging with your associates? Are you looking for a growing business that values teamwork and associate development? Join the E-Commerce bandwagon and advance your career in a leadership role in our growing Ecommerce Fulfillment Center with an iconic brand, Bed Bath & Beyond! How you can make a difference and grow your career with Bed, Bath Beyond: Ecommerce is growing at an unprecedented rate and Bed Bath & Beyond has opportunities for you to be part of our growth as a Manager in our Inbound, Outbound, or Inventory Control departments. As Department Manager, you will use your problem-solving skills in the continuous improvement of your department and our entire fulfillment operation. You will develop, monitor, and maintain executable strategies to improve product flow, productivity and quality.
What you can expect, your responsibilities:
- Responsible for the performance of your department, ensuring timely completion of workload in an efficient and safe manner.
- Lead by example and makes sure that proper coaching techniques and policies are being properly adhered to.
- Supervise, train, and develop associates through ongoing coaching, ensuring understanding of company objectives and reasonable expectancies.
- Analyze workload and adjust staff accordingly to accomplish departmental goals. Forecast labor needs of your department by reviewing data that forecasts volumes.
- Partner with other Department Managers to achieve overall shift and building goals
- Maintain and enhance overall associate relations and job satisfaction.
- Ensure associate safety through education and training, promoting safety awareness and accountability, and addressing potential hazards.
- Review equipment and department workspace to ensure it is kept in proper working order, observing that all equipment is used properly and in good working order.
- Solve problems and make informed decisions that affect the associates, service, and productivity of his or her department. Provide feedback to upper management on associates’ concerns and work on resolutions.
- Set the agenda for daily huddles and weekly meetings, communicating goals, objectives and company directives.
Minimum (required to be considered as a qualified applicant):
- At least 2 years’ experience in a managerial role with experience managing 25+ hourly employees
- Availability and flexibility to work either 1st or 2nd shift, weekend shifts, & holidays
Preferred Qualifications (a plus to your application):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field
- Knowledge of process improvement processes such as Six Sigma and or LEAN (5S)
- Experience using computerized inventory systems or demonstrated understanding of WMS. Manhattan WMS is a plus
- Knowledgeable of a direct to consumer fulfillment operation
- Bilingual Spanish (preferred but not required)
- Able to perform physical activity including, but not limited to, sitting, standing, bending, stooping, lifting (up to 50lbs), and walking (up to 80% of the day).
- Ability to maneuver through storage racks, trailers, and other areas of the warehouse.
- Able to communicate effectively, both in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to operate equipment found in a distribution center environment including, but not limited to, material handling equipment.
- Ability to use office equipment including phones, keyboard monitors, and calculator.