Human Resources Manager - Sutherland, VA
Walmart Sutherland, VA
About the Job
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Drive and implement the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety) and implement operational improvements.
- Ensure compliance with company HR policies and local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Investigate and ensure associate, customer and supplier concerns are resolved, using own judgment or consulting others when needed.
- Monitor and ensure area of responsibility's compliance with Logistics and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures and directives
- Oversee, direct, and conduct day-to-day operations of all HR related functions (e.g., benefits, hiring/transfers, terminations, payroll, associate relations programs)
- Serve as a community liaison
- Supervise and/or manage associates and leaders in area of responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field and 2 years' HR Generalist experience (e.g., payroll, workers compensation, benefits) with at least one year supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees OR 1 year's experience as a Walmart Logistics Human Resources Area Manager or Walmart Human Resources Office Manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates, including dealing with employment compensation/payroll processing, employee relations, recruiting/staffing, organizational planning, and/or training and development programs OR 3 years' experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees, managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees including one year of experience managing human resource processes (e.g., staffing, payroll, workers compensation, benefits).