The Personal Care Service Provider will perform delegated personal care duties for patients/clients of all ages and families in their home or other designated facility while promoting patient/client dignity, providing a calm, supporting and therapeutic environment for patients/clients and their families. The Personal Care Service Provider must adhere to patient/client PCSP care plan as set-up by the primary nurse while maintaining a health and safe environment
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employees are expected to work consistently to demonstrate the mission, vision, beliefs, core values and standards of behavior of the organization.
- Perform activities related to personal care and grooming, including but not limited to, sponge bathing, shampooing, skin care, nail care, oral hygiene, shaving (electric razor) and dressing.
- Assist with transferring client.
- Assist with mobility by providing client their assistive device or pushing client in a wheelchair.
- Assist with toileting and toileting hygiene. This includes incontinence care, ostomy care (established ostomy) if trained, and emptying of a catheter drainage bag, if trained.
- Assist with cleaning and application of personal appliances, including dentures, hearing aids and eyeglasses. If specifically trained, may apply certain braces, splints, slings and prostheses.
- Assist with nutrition, hydration and meal preparation, including but not limited to, preparing the meal, arranging, cutting or mashing food, filling the fork or spoon, encouraging client to eat/drink. May participate in feeding a client only if specifically trained.
- Perform minor homemaker duties to include meal preparation, laundry, grocery shopping and light housekeeping. Ensure effective, safe and responsive service delivery.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation and security of confidential materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide home health care service throughout Southern New Hampshire
- High school diploma or GED required.
Licensure/certification - Include due date if licensure/certification is required after hire.
- Documentation showing completion of the eight (8) hour P.S.C.P course as required by New Hampshire law and state licensing rules required.
- Must maintain a valid driver s license throughout duration of appointment in position.
- Proof of automobile insurance required. Experience - Number of years and type of directly related work experience (e.g. 2-4 years of accounting experience)
- Previous experience as a Personal Care Service Provider and/or homemaking experience preferred. Knowledge - Commonly known principles to execute the duties of this job.
- Familiarity with continuous quality improvement strategies.