About the Job
Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Our Virginia Beach, VA facility - Eagle Industries is actively seeking Industrial Sewing Operators. This position will be responsible for properly constructing and sewing products. Products manufactured are primarily innovative prototypes in support of Business Development initiatives and small volume production of established products to fill customer orders. This position requires an individual who is capable of successfully managing multiple interruptions while completing assigned responsibilities on time and with quality. The ideal candidate is flexible to change, can function well in a fast-paced dynamic environment and is interested in job longevity.
Essential Job Functions
- Understand that production and new product development involves many processes and as such are ready and willing to work with other people to hasten production speed
- Meet or exceed production goals and efficiencies
- Complete complex product construction with minimal to no repairs or rework
- Contribute to resolving difficult design/construction problems
- Contribute to simplifying production methods
- Understand and follow directions
- Use physical / visual measurements of materials for production accuracy
- Operate single needle, double needle, class 7 and bar tack sewing machines
- Operate binding machine
- Operate software and automated cutting equipment
- Update files and production documents
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma preferred.
- Previous industrial sewing, manufacturing or related experience required
- Ability to accurately use and read measuring tools (measuring tape, ruler, etc.)
- Ability to work independently without immediate supervision required
- Ability to read English required
- Ability to hear, speak and understand, while complying with written and verbal instruction
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled