Temporary Supply Chain Senior Coordinator
About the Job
Located at the Providence Rhode Island site, the Clinical Supply Chain Senior Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of administrative activities within Clinical Supply Chain. Activities typically consist of well-defined support tasks that are performed independently as well as projects of increased complexity completed under moderate limited supervision.
- Act as the Supply Chain SME for setup and usage of Vertex’s supply chain systems (ERP, Scheduling tools, Procurement, etc)
- Manage pre-clinical and clinical supply chain, which includes management of suppliers/vendors, establishing and executing supply plans and management of inventory levels
- Lead the coordination, escalation and resolution of any supply constraints as appropriate.
- Coordinates with external contract manufacturing partners for the collection and review of
- inventory reports for Vertex materials. Prepares Vertex inventory summaries as required
- Works with senior Supply Chain and Quality staff to conduct transactions for material creation,
- movement and use in Vertex’s material management software system
- Assists with tracking and approval of supply chain supply-related documentation
- Assists with issues affecting the development of production and inventory plans
- Assists with the development and maintenance of relationships with third-party suppliers
- Assists senior Supply Chain and Finance staff tracking supply chain activities, contracts, budgets and managing costs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge and skills:
- Experience managing (and installing) ERP systems.
- Experience managing complex schedules and priorities in dynamic environments
- Experience in overall inventory management and planning
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Expertise in use of MS Excel, as well as demonstrated proficiencies in Project, Visio, ERP systems and other applications
- APICS CPIM Certification preferred
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree and 3-5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry