Fund Accounting Oversight Specialist
About the Job
Financial Integrity from the inside out
Looking after the best interests of Vanguard investors starts with having a clear picture of our own business and financial situation. As a specialist within our Fund Accounting Oversight area, you will oversee the daily oversight process of the fund accounting outsourced providers and completion of deliverables for assigned unit. You will work with internal and external teams to communicate solutions for clients and provide support as well as monitor and resolve control issues to ensure adherence to quality and accuracy tolerances.
The Oversight Specialist:
- Oversees the daily tasks of the unit as measured by applicable dashboards. Assumes accountability for the tasks and services performed by unit. Serves as operational expert in ensuring functions are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes comprehensive impact analysis of issues and recommends solutions. Independently resolves problems and exercises judgment in elevating material issues. Recognizes opportunities and recommends process improvements to gain efficiencies and ensure quality.
- Drives process improvements to gain efficiencies and ensure quality. Fosters a comprehensive conceptual understanding of processes and their impact to internal and external clients within the group. Owns the documentation for all current procedures.
- Mentors and coaches other team members. Supports on the job training as needed. Provides regular feedback to the management team regarding crew performance.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with both internal and external clients and business partners. Proactively fosters effective communication. Anticipates clients' needs and ensures clients' satisfaction related to the services being provided.
- Advocates awareness and understanding of risk management practices, sharing ideas and best practices. Participates in risk assessments as appropriate, effectively monitors risk, and identifies and communicates situations that expose Vanguard to risk.
- Monitors various controls and procedures to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects.
What it takes:
- Three years related business experience. Accounting or Finance related experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Fund Accounting background, NAV production helpful
*Current work location has the expectation that this function will be performed on campus 50% of time.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.