3D Character Artist
About the Job
We're looking for an experienced character artist with a talent for sculpting and character design. Valve has many projects in various stages of production at all times; artists will be expected to apply their skills in a wide variety of ways, depending on the day-to-day needs of these projects. We're interested in artists who share an equal passion for art and games.
Sorry, we do not accept student reels.
- Sculpting high-resolution character models in Zbrush, Mudbox or 3DCoat
- Creating clean, low-resolution game topology, uv's, and textures
- Working within multi-disciplinary design teams to help bring characters to life while making them work for the game design
- Collaborating with animators to create characters that can move and perform believably
- Collaborating with concept artists to revise and improve character designs
- Five or more years of modeling experience in film or games
- Ability to model characters in a range of styles with an emphasis on character design
- Hard-surface modeling skills
- Thorough understanding of human anatomy
- Drawing, sculpting, and other traditional art skills a plus
- Take pride in and personal ownership of your work.
- Contribute directly to both the conceptual thinking behind and the physical creation of detailed, high-quality products.