Video Production Internship
About the Job
What will I be doing?
Valleyfair’s video production assistant will assist the marketing team in all aspects of content production including writing, casting, shooting video, editing video, graphic animation, photography and graphic design. In addition, the candidate must be able to work with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, park sponsors, clients and guests; independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload. Candidate must thrive on creativity and innovation, along with having a firm grasp of new and emerging technologies. Videos will be created for Valleyfair’s website, social media channels, YouTube channel, and in-park digital displays.
Position available to those who are 18 or older.
This position runs April through October 2021.
- Knowledge of video production and photo production tools including the use of DSLR cameras, 4k and HD video cameras, lights, and capturing audio.
- Experience in photography and graphic design; extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro as well as Photoshop, Lightroom, and After Effects (required).
- Must be able to work with multiple projects and quick deadlines.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Possess a spirit of collaboration, yet self-motivated.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven attention to detail.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Occasionally, willing to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Assist in all aspects of video content production including writing, casting, shooting, and editing.
- Assist in coordinating field-based productions.
- Organize and log footage, edit using Adobe Creative software, and compress for various sources.
- Create motion graphics and special effects in accordance with the overall production concepts.
- Taking photos and creating image content for various marketing campaigns.