Admissions Team Member
About the Job
What will I be doing?
You’ll be learning, growing and having fun. Gaining skills for life as you take on the responsibilities of this important role.
Apply today and be considered for a position on our Admissions team!
As a member of our Admissions team, you will be responsible for interacting with our guests at our Toll booths, Ticket Sales, Ticket Taking, or Team Lead. Each role offers great experience, awesome incentives, and a schedule that is right for you.
Positions are currently available for those who are 14 or older.
It is our mission to provide the best service to every guest, every day, every time. You will be responsible for being a part of our best day guest experience at Valleyfair.
Hit the Apply button and get your ticket to ride!
We’re looking for:
- A genuine interest in making people feel welcome using your smile and positive nature.
- Keen to be a part of something you believe in, providing fun while having fun at work.
- Openness to learn, grow and develop skills.
- Commitment to your team by being on time and working scheduled shifts.
- Desire to be outdoors for extended periods in all weather conditions.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet and greet guests entering and exiting the park; initiates proper conversations and maintains eye contact with the guests when providing relevant information regarding rides, attractions, and special events; distributes information pamphlets describing features of the park and special events.
- Interprets and analyzes guest needs and provides solutions to ensure guest satisfaction; gives concise directions when needed.
- Operates cash register to correctly total price and tax admission ticket and season pass sales, balances and reconciles cash drawer and records money/coupons received; processes payments of large sums of cash, credit cards, checks, and makes correct change; verifies checks, credit cards, and coupons with the use of electronic equipment.
- Guides guests through the season pass or general admission purchase process, while utilizing sales techniques such as quantity, upselling, and product discounts; utilizes computer to create and process season passes, audit pass registration forms, takes photos of the guests, and ensures proper printing and distribution of the completed passes.
- Identifies and scans different types of admission passes and coupons and verifies authenticity upon receiving these products at the front gate.
- Refuses admittance to guests without an admission ticket or season pass as well as those who are in violation of park policies; stamps hands of same day return guests.
- Monitors parking, security irregularities and safety violations and notifies a supervisor or security when appropriate.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Other duties may be assigned.