Terrain Park Attendant
About the Job
The Terrain Park Attendant is a labor intensive position that is responsible for construction, maintenance, and repair of all features as well as promoting safety awareness, educating on Terrain Park etiquette, and providing positive guest relations within the terrain parks and half pipe. Daily responsibilities include opening and closing the terrain park, ensuring all signage is visible, testing features and assessing risk and liability each morning. The Terrain Park Attendant will provide exceptional guest service and work outdoors in all weather conditions for the entire day. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be an expert skier/rider in the park and overall
- Must be able to test small rails and boxes, tables, etc.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs (raking, shoveling & lifting large metal objects)
- Able to work outdoors in adverse winter weather conditions for up to 10 hours/day
- Must be able to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English fluently
- Must be able to direct guests and look out for safety concerns
- Must have a good work ethic
- Must be very responsible and diplomatic
- Valid US Driver's License
- May be required to work weekends and/or holidays
- Must be available to work the entire season
- Must pass a ski/ride test to ensure expert level
The budgeted range starts at $13.00-$14.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.