Non-Certified Instructor - Full & Part Time
About the Job
As part of Vail Resorts, allAttitash employees receive a FREE ski pass providing access to all of our 34 iconic ski resorts across North America. E mployees and dependents can ski anytime, including weekends, with no reservations required (with the exception of possible blackout days if limited terrain is open).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions in a fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson.
- Working with guests of all ages and abilities
- When working with children: Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian
- When working with children: Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School equivalent education
- Successfully complete a 4/5 day training camp and observation day
- Capable of comfortably skiing/snowboarding on groomed blue runs
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
- Must be able to stand and walk on snow for extended periods of time. Must be able to bend and squat. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have good guest service skills
- Must have good communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must successfully complete the background check
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Meet one of our flexible scheduling options
- Experience working with people
- Experience teaching/coaching
- Knowledge of Spanish language
Attitash Mountain Resort offers more than just a ski area--it's a home away from home. Join our team and experience warmth, friendliness and the ultimate winter lifestyle. A mountain of possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.