About the Job
This year, more than any before, people want to be outside, they want to escape, they want to feel the exhilaration and freedom our sport offers. Our vision for the upcoming winter season is to deliver that Experience of a Lifetime with safety as our top priority. The perks start with a free ski pass, but as a Vail Resorts employee, that's just the beginning. Along with the free ski pass, employees also recieve non-traditional benefits that only a mountain resort company like Vail Resorts can offer like discounts on food, lodging and retail products, along with other pro-deal discounts on brand names.
The favorite perk for employees for the winter 20-21 season? Employee and dependent passes will be EXEMPT from the guest reservations system enabling you to freely enjoy the mountains at any time (with the exception of traditional blackout restrictions when there is limited terrain open).
Lift Ops Job Summary:
You are the copilot, concierge and safety engineer of a multi-million dollar machine. You are responsible for the safe, friendly and efficient travel of our guests and fellow teammates as they navigate premier terrain. Make our guests feel welcomed by joining our team as a Lift Operator!
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor the operation of the lift continually and notify the appropriate personnel of any problems or unusual conditions
- Maintain a safe work area, i.e., ramp heights, tools stored, mazes set up etc.
- Adhere to all ski/ride policies, i.e., Responsibility Code, designated trails, skiing/riding on and off the clock etc.
- Pleasantly greet, make eye contact, listen to and respond appropriately to every guest's needs and or questions, in person, outside of the lift building
- Actively and efficiently perform maze control
- Abides by operating procedures, i.e., opening procedures, downloading procedures, last chair protocol, etc.
- Follow and perform all company and departmental policies and procedures i.e., punctuality, attendance, dress and grooming standards, etc.
- Ensure recycled materials are disposed of properly
- Help to preserve our natural environment
- Help guests and fellow teammates enjoy their time on the mountain
- Remember that fun is our product- create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit
- Must be able to stand outside in inclement weather for long periods of time
- May lift up to 100 lbs., assistance is available for heavy lifting.
- Must be able to make quick decisions regarding safety.
- Must be able to maintain control and rational demeanor in emotionally charged situations involving guests and/or employees.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont's highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you'll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.