Director, Hospitality Fp&a
About the Job
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Broomfield, CO USA
The Vail Resorts Finance Team is committed to Building Leaders and Driving Value. We are creating a new fully centralized Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in our corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado, to support a growing company of 37 resorts across Australia, Canada and the United States, 55,000+ employees, and a market capitalization of over $9 billion. We are transforming our FP&A organization to bring best-in-class insight generation, data-driven decision-making support and financial management to Vail Resorts - the ski industry's global leader.
Our team will be driven by top-tier talent, state-of-the-art systems and tools, and strategic process management to identify and deliver against the Company's biggest value opportunities. We are creating a sustainable high-performing team that will develop talent and prioritize career growth through accelerated opportunities and progression. This is an opportunity to join the FP&A team at a critical inflection point and shape how we do business into the future.
The Director Hospitality FP&A will report to the Vice President of Retail, Hospitality & Real Estate Finance and is based in the company's Broomfield, Colorado headquarters. This team develops business insights to drive decision making and commercial action for the Hospitality properties of Vail Resorts. This includes financial planning, reporting, forecasting and analysis in support of the strategic goals of the enterprise. This role works closely with senior executives to develop divisional views of financial results and performance to help drive strategic decision making, growth objectives and capital allocation. The Hospitality division generates ~$300 million in revenue and manages ~6,000 owned and managed hotel rooms and condominium units across our network of resorts.
- Deliver financial insight and commentary based on comprehensive view of divisional financial results and impacts and indicators on the broader enterprise.
- Assess business opportunities and risks with a strong orientation to long-term enterprise value creation.
- Synthesize and communicate key financial and business insights at an executive-level to drive decision-making with operational executives.
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to drive strategic business initiatives for resort leadership teams.
- Lead the financial planning process that focuses on value creation and aligning resources with strategic priorities.
- Create a high performing team and culture focused on value creation, delivering results, stakeholder influence and leadership development for career progression.
- Play a critical role as a leader in the Finance organization, bringing an enterprise-level perspective to support the strategic, talent and process improvement efforts across the Finance organization.
- Partner with the senior operating executives and their leadership teams in the Hospitality division to influence and achieve key outcomes for the business including:
- Cross-resort insights to provide long-term strategic insight around trends, benchmarks, and appropriate comparison points.
- Integrate effectively with the finance organization, impacting and furthering Vail's customer-focused and high impact culture.
- Build close partnership with commercial and finance leaders across the company.
- Trusted partner: The candidate possesses the technical expertise, communication skills and good judgement to provide the senior leadership team with an objective and independent point of view both the division and enterprise.
- Leadership and management: This candidate has a strong track record of leading, developing and motivating a team of high performing finance professionals. S/he is a brave, passionate and ambitious leader who demonstrates the core tenets of our talent philosophy:
- Learning agility - Enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve complex strategic business challenges and issues. Demonstrates an ability to flexibly integrate the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business with strong intellectual and data-driven rigor.
- Emotional Intelligence - demonstrates the awareness of and ability to shape her/his impact on the team, and a wide range of stakeholders, to achieve ambitious goals.
- Ambition - demonstrates the drive to expand leadership responsibility and overcome obstacles to achieve a bigger impact in an increasingly competitive environment.
- Outstanding academic credentials; Bachelor's degree required; MBA, graduate finance degree and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- 8+ years' experience in leading teams with financial planning and analysis responsibilities (role has team of 4 people).
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights and communicate effectively in presentations and in person meetings.
- Deep curiosity and passion for understanding and analyzing financial results in the context of creating shareholder value.
- Excellent communication skills with significant experience working with, or as, CFO, senior executives and third party clients.