Competition Services Attendant
About the Job
Jack Frost Big Boulder is now part of the Vail Resorts family and we've started hiring for our Winter 20-21 season! All employees receive a FREE ski pass that gives you access to skiing and riding at all Vail Resorts-owned mountains. Along with the free ski pass, employees also get discounts on food, lodging, and retail products, along with other pro-deal discounts on brand names. Join the team this season for an Experience of a Lifetime!
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Perform daily set-up and maintenance of race facilities.
- Work with other staff and departments to promote a positive guest experience.
- Provide assistance with event venue set-up, as needed.
- Setting and maintaining daily public race courses and private group courses.
- Communication, via radio or phone, with Ski Patrol to inform them of injuries.
- Event venue construction - installing fence, tents, banners, cabling, etc.
- Maintain race facilities to ensure safety of all guests and staff.
- Shovel and rake starts and decks to maintain snow levels and a safe environment for guests and staff.
- Fence/barrier maintenance, trash and snow removal.
- Ability to lift up to, and sometimes more than, 50lbs - required.
- Ability to stand outside in all weather conditions, for 8+ hours per day - required.
- Ability to ski outside in all weather conditions, for 8+ hours per day - required.
- Valid U.S. Driver's license - required.
- Ability to work with power tools (cordless drills, etc.) - required.
- High school diploma - required.
- Race course operations - preferred.
- Valid U.S. Driver's License, USSA official's license - preferred.
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English - required.
- Intermediate or higher skiing ability - required.
- Racing Background - preferred
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays - required.
- Ability to operate a snowmobile (need a vaild driver's license) - preferred.
Jack Frost Big Boulder revolutionized the skiing industry. As the riding mecca of Pennsylvania, the mountain is designed for epic adventures. Join our team and experience the great outdoors like never before. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.