Adventure Center Attendant
About the Job
Jack Frost Big Boulder is now part of the Vail Resorts family and we've started hiring for our Winter 20-21 season! All Jack Frost Big Boulder employees receive a FREE ski pass that gives you access to skiing and riding at all Vail Resorts-owned mountains. Along with the free ski pass, employees also get discounts on food, lodging, and retail products, along with other pro-deal discounts on brand names. Join the team this season for an Experience of a Lifetime!
The Activities Attendant will assist guests in completing liability release forms, safely and efficiently operating tow/carpet lifts, and establishing crowd control. As a customer focused organization, a crucial part of each employee's job is to get and keep guests.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Under the supervision of the Supervisor or his/her assistants, operates the assigned lift in accordance with standard procedures, verbal instruction, and legal operation code to provide safe, quality uphill transportation for guests and employees.
- Assists with the shoveling and raking of snow and ice on a regular basis to maintain proper ramps, corrals, and work areas. This is quite a physical job, which is 100 percent outside.
- Assists with daily set up and breakdown, including lift set up, checking grips and switches, daily placement of safety equipment and signage, tubes, and maintaining of ramps/walkways and corrals.
- Assists guests with waivers/forms.
- Communicate with guests and coworkers to maintain constant guest flow through Center.
- Communicates problems to superiors, while showing initiative in handling routine matters and emergencies.
- Continually remains vigilant to the needs of the equipment, the department, and the guests and react to those needs in the safest manner while maintaining quality service.
- Under the supervision of the Supervisor or his/her assistants, operates the assigned lift in accordance with standard procedures and written or verbal instruction to provide safe, quality uphill transportation for guests and employees.
- Maintain orderly operations.
- Help with closing procedures.
- Maintain a friendly, team spirit with a focus on guest service.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- May be crosstrained to work Lift Operations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme temperatures/conditions without resting/sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must become familiar with the area (lifts and trails) and also know the functions of other departments. Advises and assists guests as needed in a courteous manner.
- Must like working with children, as it is a high guest-service position.
- Must become familiar with resort's policies and guest service expectations.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Jack Frost Big Boulder revolutionized the skiing industry. As the riding mecca of Pennsylvania, the mountain is designed for epic adventures. Join our team and experience the great outdoors like never before. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.