About the Job
Univision is seeking a talented and experienced News writer based in Miami. This position will be responsible for working on the daily production of news programs including newscasts and special coverage. The writer will be required to work on the daily news rundown, editorial input and writing of intros and other stories. In addition, the successful candidate needs to be able to translate aptly from English to Spanish, help prepare news interviews, copy-edit news stories including correspondents' scripts, revise spelling for graphics and supers and work with producers with informational banners during live coverage, press conferences and presidential speeches. The writer needs to have quick reaction to breaking news and news updates. The candidate should maintain good and clear communication with managers as well as the show's executive producer, anchors, production team, assignment desk and technical crews.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Copy-edit news stories including correspondents' scripts
- Translate aptly from English to Spanish
- Revise spelling for graphics and supers
- Quick reaction to breaking news and possible show news updates
- Flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong news judgment
- Fast reacting to breaking news
- Ability to step out of the box and take charge of situations.
- 2 years' experience writing
- Fluent in Spanish (read and write)
- Fluent in English (read and write)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Attention to detail, strong communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience
- Flexible schedule. Weekends and holidays.
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States