Vice President, Programmatic Sales & Monetization
About the Job
The Vice President of Programmatic Sales & Monetization is a leadership role with responsibility for driving programmatic monetization across established and emerging digital platforms. This leadership role will set and implement Univision's programmatic revenue strategy, be a key partner to agencies, own client and platform relationships and focus on driving programmatic performance and growth in digital, mobile, OTT, CTV, streaming, AVOD, and SVOD for both owned and operated properties and third-party inventory represented through network partnerships.
This driven leader has a deep understanding of programmatic buying and selling with strong contacts throughout the industry. With a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, he/she will be both a sales driver and individual contributor with a proven track record of developing and achieving programmatic revenue goals as well as a strong command of unified auctions, data applications, trading desks, programmatic agencies and programmatic teams at major U.S. brands.
- Direct go-to-market strategy, account planning and tactics for programmatic sales across all platforms and sales teams, negotiate and facilitate programmatic upfront, exchange and trade shop deals.
- Create demand and present accurate and comprehensive sales pitches/presentations to tech partners, agency-side buying teams and direct clients.
- Oversee relationship with DMP, Data Analytics, SSPs and Ad Tech Solutions.
- Evaluate new SSP potential partners, their fit within the overall strategy and their impact to overall monetization.
- Leverage relationships with agencies, buyers, and DSPs to secure always-on PMP and preferred deals to run across all inventory.
- Work with ad operations to set yield and monetization strategy and optimization to maximize opportunities across the open exchange, preferred and private marketplace account base.
- Collaborate with product teams to develop new programmatic capabilities aimed at increasing revenue.
- Identify opportunities - industry learnings, new trends, client insights, meet with vendors and provide a POV and go-forward plan for innovations in programmatic buying and selling.
- Guide and drive the use of audience data and applications against programmatic opportunities across multiple agencies and categories.
- Determine KPIs, onboarding processes and reporting cadence to monitor success of various SSP partnerships.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that cause a drop in spend across buying partners.
- Develop strong relationships throughout UCI to ensure a unified and coordinated strategy is presented in the market.
- Manage a team of programmatic sellers and account managers.
- This position will report to the digital sales leader within the national sales organization.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree / Minimum 4-year college degree.
- 10-12 years of experience in digital sales, business development, trading desk, online advertising technology sales and/or data sales organizations.
- Exceptional writing, communication, negotiation & presentation skills.
- Previous experience in selling programmatic media is a MUST.
- Experience in pricing and packaging 1st party data to clients and the marketplace.
- Proven success with selling PMPs and programmatic guaranteed on programmatic exchanges.
- Track record of closing programmatic deals and growing customer spend.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Desired Skills & Experience :
- Experience running revenue stream of 50M+.
- Must be able to handle working under the pressure of deadlines and revenue goals.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with others in the entire sales organization; UCI Sales Team, Stations, and Management within a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Preferred experience in OTT addressable and/or VOD preferred.
- Display passion in the product and possess a positive/aggressive work ethic.
- Strong leadership and organization skills; detailed-oriented; trust-worthy with confidential and sensitive information.
- Self-directed with proven ability to execute and multi-task on a regular basis with little direction.
- Capacity to work and analyze numeric data.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at the senior level.
- Ability to understand brand & marketing objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully operate within a large organization, effectively communicating with executives, interdepartmental teams and external clients.
- Adaptable in the face of constant change and ability to perform at a high level; identifying solutions when faced with challenges.
- Must be willing to work from offices in New York, NY.
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Must be willing to work overtime, sometimes on short notice due to project deadlines and to attend after-hours client events
- Must be willing to travel, as needed and on weekends, with short notice