Vice President, Ad Sales Communications
About the Job
Univision's Corporate Communications team is seeking a Sr. Vice President, Ad Sales Communications to lead communications for content distribution, ad sales and local sales. This is a strategic role that will partner with sales, business and communications' leaders to strategize, align, plan and amplify all external communications efforts in support of revenue generating departments.
This role calls for a business centric, storyteller with business acumen, strong writing skills and exceptional planning that can translate the "Big Deal" into educational and impactful media engagement that supports revenue generating departments. You must have the business skills to understand the big win coupled with the storytelling skills for media and partners. The ideal candidate must have an entrepreneurial spirit combined with savvy business storytelling expertise as well as passion for getting things done. The ideal candidate will work independently, escalate decisions promptly and identify both problems and solutions with minimal oversight.
- Provide communications counsel to senior leaders on how to best engage B2B media and develop proactive and reactive messaging strategies that are clear and impactful across B2B media segments.
- Develop B2B communications calendar and cadence to support business goals by lines of business and flagship partnerships spanning revenue generating divisions.
- Provide strategic communications guidance and execution related to "Go Dark" communications.
- Crisis management & preparedness communications
- Partner with internal stake holders to support and promote network & services metrics via communications to B2B media.
- Manage ratings communications eco-system for the B2B platform
- Spotlight Network Ad Sales, Local Sales, Distribution, Research Data and Insights; anchored in promoting messages to help influence key clients to invest with the Sales team.
- Amplify case studies and results
- Communicate company's participation in top-tier industry (B2B communications) for events such as CES, Advertising Week, Upfronts, partners engagements (events & meetings), etc; while developing strategic media relations strategies to support.
- Work closely with research, network and streaming to understanding ratings, analytics, and industry drivers to support business goals via media engagement.
- Grow lead-generation through strategically placed stories in the press.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in public relations or other relevant business field
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Strong understanding of and experience with sales strategy, messaging and communications that resonate with various audiences and platforms.
- Experience working closely with sales, distribution, content and local affiliates
- Relationships with media in both streaming and traditional
- Experience leveraging social media platform to amplify and promote projects such as; Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Media industry experience; supporting revenue generating lines of business, a plus
- Motivated self-starter with strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of emotional intelligence; effective at interacting and building relationships at all levels within a matrix organization
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure and rapidly changing environment
- Prioritization skills and flexibility to accommodate demanding projects and schedules
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and maintain focus and confidentiality
- Must be willing to work from office in New York, NY or Miami, FL
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis