Sr Vice President, Product Dev
About the Job
The SVP of Product Development is responsible for the strategy and execution of advertising solutions that leverage content, data, analytics, and technology in order to create new ways to grow revenue and monetize Univision's assets.
This role is tasked with leading all aspects of product development lifecycle across the portfolio of Univision products, including early-stage proof of concept and evaluations, business requirements, product roadmap and development milestones, product P&L, go to market strategies and competitive positioning, business model, and product pricing and yield management of large-scale operating businesses.
This leader will enable Univision to maintain industry leading status in the premium video advertising marketplace, delivering best in class consumer experiences while creating measurable value for our advertising partners. The suite of products span from audience based targeting, cross platform media Planning, addressable advertising, podcasting, optimized direct response, interactive ad formats, and programmatic marketplace initiatives.
Job Responsibilities :
- The SVP of Product Development will consult with clients (agencies and advertisers) to ensure new solutions answer unmet needs in the market and create incremental value for our clients. This includes representing Univision at high profile industry events, leading client workshops and discovery session, and driving industry advancement of new advertising capabilities and metrics.
- This role also must work hand in hand with senior leaders across multiple business units at Univision, Including Ad Sales, Research, Digital, Pricing & Planning, Technology, Operations, and Distribution.
- The SVP will be the key solution architect, ensuring all stakeholders share a common vision and success metrics.
- The SVP has ultimate responsibility for technical, operational, sales and marketing readiness for all new solutions, and will be responsible for instituting product development best practices around voice of the customer, feature sequencing, requirements traceability, pricing and packaging, metrics and milestones and value creation.
- 15+ years' experience in video advertising across linear and/or digital advertising (including mobile and CTV)
- Specific experience and skills required:
- Linear and digital ad operations (ad serving, trafficking etc.)
- Marketing principles and strategies across all media types, including reach and frequency concepts, media mix modeling, planning and execution of optimization and targeting strategies across digital and national linear publishers, MVPDs, vMVPDs, and Smart TV companies.
- Audience segmentation data (CRM data, syndicated sources) and TV viewership data (Nielsen, comScore, 605, etc.)
- Ad effectiveness research and ROI methodologies (brand effect, purchase intent, attribution)
- Programmatic solutions and technology providers in market with video advertising (ex: OpenAP, InvestTV, Amobee, VideoAMP) with strong understanding of digital programmatic infrastructure and workflows
- High degree of sales acumen rooted in deep media product knowledge and consulting skills.
- Ability to interact with senior level clients and internal executives, excellent networking and collaboration skills.
- Ability to develop a common understanding of Univision's business risks and opportunities in a competitive environment and rapidly evolving industry landscape.
- Ability to be effective in large organizational structure. Great communicator who can work cross functionally with various internal teams to execute complex processes, convey vision and purpose, and align cross functional teams.
- Ability to take extremely complex solutions and make them simple and easy to explain to wide variety of stakeholders.
- Creative innovative thinker with strong organizational skills.
- Dynamic public speaker with ability to command and persuade an audience. Great presentation skills and ability to deliver inspirational presentations to large audiences. Ability to serve as a Univision representative and spokesperson at industry events, evangelizing and demonstrating leadership and vision in the marketplace.
- Ability to hire and manage a team of diverse product and solution leads that help build and manage new solutions and products with a focus on maximizing sales, growing market share with existing clients, driving new customer acquisition, customer segmentation, expanding to new verticals, and leveraging multiple sales channels (with a focus on new automated channels, i.e., programmatic).
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish preferred
- Expertise in broadcast operations and engineering
- Expertise in digital ad operations and revenue management
- Working knowledge of linear addressable enablement technologies and strategies
- Must be willing to work from a Univision office
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Time flexibility required to interact with people in different geographical locations, and work extended hours, sometimes on short notice due to project deadlines and to attend after-hours client events
- Ability to travel up to 20%. Travel typically required for industry events and conferences, agency and client meetings, and internal stakeholder meetings.