Sr. Manager, Product Analytics
About the Job
Univision is seeking a talented Sr. Manager, Product Analytics to lead multiple advanced analytics workstreams including data visualization, trend and regression analyses, forecasting and predictive modeling, and more, with a specific emphasis on cross-platform digital video streaming & video on-demand products. In this role, you will leverage large datasets to analyze audience behavior and investigate opportunities for the continued growth of Univision digital properties. You will partner with Programming, Marketing and Product Design teams to interpret the data and to optimize our digital products' content portfolio and identify the most effective acquisition channels and retention strategies. Our team is highly collaborative, passionate about the media industry and oriented towards continuous improvement.
You will be part of the digital product & engineering team, which develops and maintains all consumer-facing digital products across multiple platforms -- web, iOS & Android apps, OTT/CTV platforms (e.g. Roku, Apple TV, etc), APIs & services. You will be a subject-matter expert in advanced analytics capabilities within the team and will have the opportunity to work with data engineers to conceptualize and build product features that tap into data-powered technologies. Our team has some amazing projects in the works and is looking for like-minded people to help us make an even greater impact on the global Hispanic community.
This position is remote eligible for highly qualified applicants who do not live within driving distance to Univision's office locations in Miami, FL or NYC.
- Develop a data-driven understanding of categories, formats, and creative tactics that make content successful.
- Surface insights across Univision Digital leadership to inform content development and programming strategies.
- Analyze behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how users are interacting with our products and content.
- Perform user data exploration and modeling to establish causal links between product behaviors and long-term user engagement and retention.
- Tap into user-level data to empower Univision's marketing teams to continuously improve user acquisition and reactivation for a growing portfolio of consumer products.
- Synthesize large datasets from multiple sources to build a richer, more complete perspective of the issue or opportunity, and related implications.
- Partner with data platform and engineering to establish common tools and technologies with the end goal of creating innovative data-driven insights at a quick pace.
- Visualize data in a creative and concise manner to communicate and make insights real for internal teams.
- Provide strategic vision and hands-on teaching to the wider team, external partners, and work closely with multiple levels of leadership within Univision.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of work experience in an advanced analytics or data science capability (Master's degree is a plus).
- 3+ years of experience in digital measurement within the streaming industry, SVOD/AVOD/Direct-to-Consumer and/or video advertising business model.
- Extensive experience designing, building, and evaluating analytical datasets.
- Expertise in advanced analytics such as statistical analysis and modeling, e.g. causal inference, significance testing, regression analysis, etc.
- Experience working with Looker, Tableau or similar data visualization tools.
- Experience using SQL, Python and other similar tools to extract data insights from very large data sets.
- Outstanding written, visual & verbal presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Be a skilled collaborator who can build relationships & influence internal teams and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Bilingual - Proficient in both English and Spanish
- Hands-on experience with ML models
- Proven track record of creating high-impact data visualizations
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform data tools
- Located in/around Miami, Florida, or be able to travel to Miami to present findings and insights to leadership teams on a regular basis (after COVID-19)
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL or New York, NY
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, and sit for up to (8) hours