Sr Manager, Managing Editor
About the Job
Univision is seeking a talented Senior Manager to join the digital team and lead its Entertainment News operation. This person has to have an extensive experience as a journalist and editor of celebrity news with specific focus on Hispanic celebrities in the US and Mexico. The Senior Manager will lead the day to day operation of our entertainment digital news and manage a multimedia team located in three countries.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Sr. Director and Managing Editor of Digital Entertainment to ensure Univision continue to be the number one online destination for celebrity news in Spanish in the US and keep innovating in the way we present the stories our audience truly love.
- Decide the Editorial content the Entertainment news digital team works every day based on his/her knowledge of the audience, the relevance of every story and the input provided by the Analytics team.
- Supervise and edit content to ensure quality meets Univision standards and the piece delivers the story the way it should be.
- Make strategic content decisions to align news production with traffic goals, both for page views and video views.
- Work with the lead of Social Media to deliver content to the audience in a timely manner and in a way that maximize the click through rate.
- Coordinate with producers from Univision daily shows to make the most video views possible in Univision.com of the content that is first presented on air.
- Provide the Senior Director and Managing Editor with daily updates of relevant editorial decisions and give inputs on new strategies to improve the value of our digital content production.
- Attend to weekly meetings with Senior Leadership to better understand the corporate priorities and provide with feedback.
- Implement the SEO strategy and make sure SEO is a priority for the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years as an editor at a news organization in US/PR
- Minimum 3 years of experience coordinating news teams and making editorial decisions.
- Must have a demonstrated experience reporting on celebrity news for the Hispanic audience, in Spanish
- Expert using Content Management Systems (CMS) for digital content creation: articles, slideshows and videos
- Must be native in Spanish, fluent in English (read and write)
- Detail oriented with ability to work with tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment for multiple key stakeholders
- Willingness to take feedback/criticism and improve upon skills
- Passion about entertainment content and celebrities
Desired Skills & Experience
- Fluent in Spanish (read and write)
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL and/or remote.
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis