Sr Director - Content Distribution
About the Job
The role of Senior Director, Content Distribution is a key leadership position in Univision's efforts to grow revenue and reach across all distribution platforms for the Univision portfolio of network assets. This individual will be integral to business development efforts with new partners, own the day-to-day interactions with their assigned accounts and support the team in negotiating agreements that generates value for Univision and our clients.
This is a small team with a startup mentality operating within a large and complex organization and requires an individual who can operate on all levels. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented, have a demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate work streams across multiple projects and have the communication skills to effectively engage executives and partners.
- Lead, or support when appropriate, Univision's relationships with a diverse account portfolio comprised of digital, wireless, social, OTT, and Pay TV partners, including responsibility for all day-to-day interactions and delivery on Univision's distribution and revenue goals.
- Serve as secondary chair, as appropriate, in negotiations with assigned MVPDs; lead negotiator on Tier 1 RTC accounts and lead negotiator for assigned platform and digital accounts.
- Negotiate app distribution agreements for Univision's FAST and DTC products; nurture and optimize existing relationships with platform and CTV device partners.
- Identify and negotiate content licensing agreements with strategic distribution partners.
- Evaluate emerging devices and services to assess potential business opportunities and scalability.
- Serve as a point of contact with Univision's video and ad operations team to execute on post-deal integration with new content distribution partners.
- Lead development and implementation of account plans for assigned top MVPDs that are targeted to deliver on designated client and Univision goals; track and report on status of account plans.
- Cultivate and maintain key MVPD relationships at corporate and regional levels and across all relevant functional areas (e.g., Product, Marketing, Technology). Leverage these relationships and other information sources to understand and be conversant in all aspects of a client's business, including: (i) pricing, packaging and other product strategies (e.g., offers, lineups); (ii) technology and new/advanced product strategies; (iii) competitive positioning/situation; (iv) financial performance; and (v) other corporate initiatives/interests.
- Consistently sell in the value of Univision individual network assets and the portfolio, in general, with assigned clients. Systematically employ research, sales presentations, and partnership opportunities to address growth opportunities with MVPD clients (VOD stunts, product placement, ad sales, etc.)
- Work with Univision peer expert groups within Distribution to develop solutions/value for clients and deliver on Univision network and distribution goals. Specifically, work with Marketing and Digital product groups to build strategic marketing partnerships and any other joint new product initiatives, to drive consumer engagement and awareness.
- Support and develop team Account Manager in their efforts to meet and exceed their sales and professional development goals.
- Monitor MVPD compliance with respective contractual obligations and ensure-in coordination with Legal and any associated systems/procedures-Univision compliance with its contractual commitments.
- Ability to travel 25% is required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 7 years media experience servicing Pay TV (MVPD) accounts, supporting negotiations, preferably within multi-network portfolio organization or in business development.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience negotiating deals with digital, wireless, OTT and/or social platforms.
- Experience with and understanding of telecommunications landscape, emerging technologies and impact of FCC order.
- Demonstrated analytical strength. Keen experience reviewing and understanding of deal economics.
- Experience negotiating or participation on teams negotiating, including: Retransmission Consent.
- Strong industry relationships, both with distribution platforms and content owners.
- Bachelor's degree in a finance or business-related field (or High School diploma / GED and 12 years of above referenced experience).
- Previous people management preferred.
- Strong communicator, including experience delivering presentations.
- Aggressive self-starter who is exceptionally resourceful, strong in identifying opportunities or solutions.
- Ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries with top-level executives.
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in Spanish (read and write)
- Must be willing to travel approximately 25%
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis