Sr. Account Executive
About the Job
Univision Radio is looking for a dynamic and experienced Sr. Account Executive to be added in our team. This is a great career opportunity for an experienced, dynamic individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our local radio sales team. Individuals in this role develop and manage new business with agencies and local clients with high potential on Univision's various platforms. This is an outside sales position selling to new clients and servicing established accounts, educating prospective clients on how they can get a positive return on their investment and generating revenue for Univision Radio.
They understand the importance of successful cold calling, goal-setting, and time management; and is well versed on different buyer types and their concerns. Key tasks of this role also include: contacting and presenting to clients and agencies, negotiating contracts and executing transactions.
- Handle an active list and maintain and grow existing accounts
- Manage a sales territory and be in that territory 1-2 times per month.
- Prospect and generate new leads, as well as qualify leads generated by support functions
- Develop strong executive level client and agency relationships and sell Univision's various platforms advertising air time
- Sell conceptually across multiple platforms
- Prospect, negotiate and close business that includes multi-million dollar deals
- Accountable for strong communication and collaboration skills internally and externally to clients and agencies
- Keep management apprised of activities going on within accounts
- Achieve and maintain sales quota within 90 days of starting
- Develop client-specific pitches, attend client meetings, make presentations and close sales
- Attend promotional events and other client networking events
- Work in partnership with support team on pre-sale processes (e.g., preparing drafts of presentations, proposals)
- Work in partnership with support team on post-sale processes (e.g., entering orders, collections)
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business and/or marketing or relevant experience
- Ten plus years of experience in related media sales (broadcast & digital)
- Ability to understand Research and Data to incorporate into sales pitches
- Proven ability to develop high level contacts at Fortune 500 companies and agencies, as well as a track record that demonstrates you are motivated, creative, goal-oriented and an effective problem solver
- Strategic, motivated, enthusiastic self-starter who can work effectively in a matrix organization
- Ability to develop customized marketing solutions for clients, possess exceptional presentation skills and have a professional presence.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must possess a good driving record and a valid driver's license.
- Client skills including prospecting, conveying value proposition and overcoming objections.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to conduct effective account planning and coordinate different resources to meet customer needs
- Proven track record of success in media sales at agencies and on client side
- Highly effective presentation, written communication, and closing skill sets
- Effective listening skills and conceptual abilities to create the right advertising solutions for your clients/agencies
- Ability to collaborate/communicate effectively with relevant departments at Univision
- Effective organizational and time management abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office -- including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit
- Must be willing to work from office in New York, NY
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis