Sr. Account Executive
About the Job
Univision Local Media is looking for a dynamic and experienced Sr. Account Executive to be added to our team. This is a great career opportunity for an experienced, dynamic individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our local sales team. Individuals in this role manage and develop business with agencies and local clients by offering custom and creative solutions with sharp customer focus and revenue optimization in mind.
The candidate must understand the importance of successful cold calling, goal-setting, and time management. Key tasks of this role include contacting, presenting, negotiating, closing, and post-sell stewardship.
- Manage and grow a senior level book of business.
- Prospect and generate new leads and qualify support-generated system leads.
- Develop strong executive level client and agency relationships, and sell Univision's 360 Value Proposition
- Sell conceptually across multiplatform offerings
- Successfully negotiate and close business
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Team player
- Keep management apprised of activities impacting accounts: actions, external and internal variables
- Achieve and maintain sales quota within 90 days of starting
- Develop and pitch custom client presentations
- Set and attend client meetings
- Attend promotional events and other client networking events
- Work with support teams in pre and post sales functions
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent business experience.
- Ten years of experience in related media sales (broadcast & digital)
- Interpret Research and Data to be incorporate into sales pitches
- Proven ability to develop high level contacts at Fortune 500 companies and agencies
- Proven track record of successful sales
- Strategic, motivated, enthusiastic self-starter who can work effectively under pressure
- Ability to develop customized solutions for clients
- Exceptional presentation skills and presents self in professional manner.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Must possess a good driving record and a valid driver's license.
- Problem solver.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to conduct effective account planning and coordinate different resources to meet customer needs
- Proven track record of success in media sales at agencies and client direct
- Effective presentation, written communication, and negotiation skills
- Effective listening skills that result in client facing solutions
- Ability to collaborate/communicate effectively with relevant departments at Univision
- Effective organizational and time management abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office -- including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc
- Knowledge of Wide Orbit
- Hudson MX
- Strata AE Express (avail system)
- Must be willing to work from office in New York, NY
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis