On Air Talent Radio - Temp
Univision Chicago, IL
About the Job
Univision Chicago is seeking for an Assignment Desk Editor with skills in broadcast/media management. This position will require work on nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge and use computerized sound equipment
- Selection of music to broadcast and prepare daily program schedules.
- Provide news updates, traffic reports and weather conditions for their listeners.
- Maintain a presence on social media networking sites as a way of promoting their stations and engaging with audiences through listener feedback, music requests or program contests.
- Update their station's website with show schedules, interviews or photos
- Responsible for creating, writing and delivering creative elements on-air, including attention-grabbing topics/issues for the show.
- Creative production and editing of commercials (voiceovers) for clients and station as directed by Production Manager.
- Follow contest rules and station rules in regard to station contests.
- Greet listeners, attend and assist special events, remotes, and other company sponsored events.
- Participation in remotes and van hits as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
- Live appearances/broadcasts on location as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
- Responsible for performing Master/Mistress of Ceremonies duties for station promotions, special events and special appearances, as assigned.
- Drive to events/remotes and other special occasions, as needed
- Follow work schedule as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepare, present and deliver live and recorded music or talk shows, commercials, advertising, promotional materials and other programming requirements ("Programs");
- Perform all duties required of announcers at Station by Employer or Federal Communications Commission ("FCC") regulations; Employee acknowledges and agrees that the Programs shall be presented under the supervision, direction and control of Employer, Station or Employer's designee, and that Employer shall have the unqualified right to change, edit or otherwise alter the content of or the personnel involved in the presentation and production of the Programs;
- Conform to and abide by the requirements of all laws, rules and regulations applicable to Employee's services, including but not limited to, all rules and regulations of the FCC or any other governmental agency and comply with the Employer's personnel and other employment policies;
- Perform other customary duties as may be required in order to be adequately prepared for on-air and off-air duties;
- Make public appearances if, when and where required by Employer, which promote and publicize Employer, Station or Employee or which aid in the selling of commercial time on Station and/or participate in the recording and production of promotional activities for Station, Employee's Program, Employer's other radio stations and Employer's customers and sponsors. Such appearances and activities may include a reasonable number of live, remote and/or recorded broadcasts, announcements, promotions, advertisements, public/community appearances or other engagements;
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings with Station employees involving the production, direction, and the creation of ideas for Programs;
- If required, meet with, entertain and associate with persons in the entertainment, advertising, and other related fields of endeavor at reasonable times and without additional compensation in furtherance of the commercial value to the Program on which Employee appears; and
- Perform any ancillary duties, consistent with Employee's position that Employer may, in its sole discretion, require from time to time.
- Minimum 2 years of college education or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years' radio work experience. Some experience as television news Assignments Desk.
- Bilingual written and oral in Spanish and English required.
- Special personality creativity for on air recording and production for show
- Requires the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook software packages
- Requires knowledge of programming and production software (i.e. Audio Vault, Audition, Console Production, Collateral Hardware, and Music Master).
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and self-motivated
- Ability to problem-solve
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must have adequate transportation for driving
- Must have a valid Illinois driver's license and a good driving record
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Must be able to drive.
- A degree in broadcasting, journalism or media communication is preferred