About the Job
Univision Local Media WXTV New York is looking for a News Reporter. This person will be responsible for investigating, producing and presenting accurate, balanced news stories for TV, digital and social media assets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: daily newsgathering, and reporting as well as appearances at community and station events in a fast-paced, extremely competitive market. This role is represented by IBEW
- Research, investigate, interview, write, produce and present news or weather-related reports for TV, station's social media pages, other company broadcasts, websites and printed publications as assigned.
- Write and proofread copy for accuracy prior to going on air.
- Ability to think on your feet during live shots and great story telling skills.
- Research, investigate, interview, write, produce and report daily news packages, special news series or weather-related stories on tape and/or live from the field.
- Establish a good working-relationship with newscast producers and co-anchors to ensure a well-paced, accurate and informative broadcast.
- Must be a strong and fast writer and have solid news judgment.
- Attend and participate in off-site company-sponsored and community events as assigned by station management.
- Work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends and evenings.
- Knowledge of public records laws and computer assisted reporting.
- Knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Must be able to handle deadlines and pressure well.
- Strong knowledge of social networking regarding content gathering and distribution.
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous broadcast news experience as reporter, producer, assignment desk or photographer/editor experience and working knowledge of television news photography and technology
- Excellent verbal and written English and Spanish communication skills
- Personal computer experience required, including non-linear editing equipment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communication Studies, Radio-TV-Film, or equivalent experience
- Must have and maintain a good driving record and a valid driver's license, along with the ability to drive daily
- Must be able to multi-task, work well under extreme pressure, and communicate effectively
- Prior experience in Spanish language broadcasting
- Preferred: Knowledge of the New York market and local contacts
- This is a union role represented by SAG-AFTRA
- Must be willing to work from the field in NY Metro area
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a fulltime basis