Mgr, Corp Strategy and Operations
About the Job
Univision's Transformation team is seeking a highly motivated, self-driven and analytical professional to join their team as Manager, Corporate Strategy and Operations. This team works closely with the business and senior management to drive strategic, growth, and operational initiatives. This includes structuring & performing analysis of business units, market trends and competition; researching and evaluating new opportunities to support Univision's growth strategy; and compiling presentations and management information. To succeed on this team, you must be adept at using data analytics to derive insights and be skilled at creating clear, concise, and visually appealing presentations. Candidate must have excellent project management, communication and influencing skills.
This role supports the development of Univision's strategy and business initiatives through a mix of research, business analysis and commercial business support. The role will consist of project-based work as well as fulfilling one off requests, supporting a variety of business operators by providing strategic analysis and market intelligence, and daily business support for the executive team. The work varies depending on what is needed at a corporate level at any point in time, e.g. compiling internal papers for a particular initiative, providing analytical support to determine deal structure and value, or researching areas of corporate interest and making insight driven recommendations.
- Build, develop and maintain highly collaborative and working relationships with teams across the business to ensure you understand operations and are able to identify improvement or growth opportunities
- Plan and execute strategic analysis as required by Senior Management to support business activity & decision-making, including direct to consumer services, content distribution deals, customer account planning, business unit performance and forecasting, new business development, growth strategies, JV negotiations, & support for corporate strategic projects and process improvements
- Help to identify and research new business opportunities, as assigned
- Draft presentations, as assigned.
- Operate as project manager on key business initiatives, as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in a Business related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, business development, corporate strategy or corporate finance positions requiring extensive quantitative and qualitative analysis (or a High school diploma / GED and a minimum of 6 years of stated experience)
- Experience conducting complex financial modeling and generating insights from analysis to solve business problems
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel (i.e. pivot tables, v-lookups, complex formulas, VBA, macros) and PowerPoint
- Experience creating presentations for an executive audience
- Experience supporting or managing enterprise wide projects and proven strong process and project management skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure and rapidly changing, less structured environment
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, meet deadlines, and maintain focus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience in strategic analysis and thinking is required, including: Quantitative and qualitative analysis; Business modeling; Financial analysis; Market tracking; Project management skills
- Knowledge of the US / global media market, particularly broadcasting and digital. Know key products, players, trends etc.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship building ability
- Full professional proficiency in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of media, technology, and/or digital preferred, but not necessary
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Has knowledge of and actively consumes Univision content
- Must be willing to work from Miami, FL
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis