Intern - Record to Report
About the Job
As the leading company reaching Hispanic America today, Univision delivers premier entertainment, news, and sports content to U.S. Hispanics through its television, radio, and interactive platforms. Univision is looking to recruit top talent for our Internship program to join our mission of informing, entertaining, and empowering U.S. Hispanic consumers. The ideal candidate is at the top of their class, is a self-starter, and is eager to learn in a team environment. Our internship program strives to grow our interns' knowledge of the media industry and expand their networking opportunities.
SUMMER PROGRAM DETAILS :
- 9-week paid program; maximum of 40 hours/per week.
- Program starts June 7th, 2021 through August 6th, 2021.
- Exposure to various business leaders and company initiatives.
- Training and development workshops to build transferrable business skills.
- Projects are designed to build knowledge, skills, and experience in the Media Industry.
This intern will develop competencies in the areas of reconciliation, balancing sheets, organizational skills, and problem solving.
- Assist in monthly closing process by preparing and uploading journal entries
- Assist in gathering support for the audit requests and other projects
- Prepare some general ledger account analyses by reviewing transactions within the general ledger to ensure accurate activity within the account
- Administrative duties and other projects as assigned
PREFERRED MAJORS :
Accounting, Finance, or related Business degree
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution
- Must be a rising Jr., rising Sr., or recent May 2021 graduate
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Proficient Excel skills required
- Proficient PowerPoint skills required
- Results oriented and attention to details
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently with minimal supervision
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Exposure to Accounts Payable processes
- Reliable, organized and possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret accounting, financial data, and concepts
- Preferred: Proficient Microsoft Office, Smartsheet, OneDrive, and firm knowledge of internet navigation skills required.
- Previous internship experience and/or participated in college clubs/organizations, and/or in-depth coursework in a related field
- Ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Must be willing to work from the offices in Teaneck, NJ, fully remote, and/or hybrid