Intern - News
About the Job
As the leading company reaching Hispanic America today, Univision delivers premier entertainment, news, and sports content to U.S. Hispanics through its television, radio, and interactive platforms. Univision is looking to recruit top talent for our Internship program to join our mission of informing, entertaining, and empowering U.S. Hispanic consumers. The ideal candidate is at the top of their class, is a self-starter, and is eager to learn in a team environment. Our internship program strives to grow our interns' knowledge of the media industry and expand their networking opportunities.
SUMMER PROGRAM DETAILS :
- 9-week paid program; maximum of 40 hours/per week.
- Program starts June 7th, 2021 through August 6th, 2021.
- Exposure to various business leaders and company initiatives.
- Training and development workshops to build transferrable business skills.
- Projects are designed to build knowledge, skills, and experience in the Media Industry.
This intern will develop competencies in uncovering new data and information of daily stories.
- Assist the news team with investigating daily stories
- Assist in doing research and developing story ideas
- Assist in a new project that will involve data mining
- Sort and classify the video archive
- Help the news team with gathering, interviewing, and editing
- Work collaboratively as part of the news team
PREFERRED MAJORS :
Politics, Economics, Journalism, or related degree
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution
- Must be a rising Jr., rising Sr., or recent May 2021 graduate
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Excel PIVOT Table experience preferred
- Results oriented and attention to details
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently with minimal supervision
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Reliable, organized and possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions
- Strong communications skills
- Proficient Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and well-organized
- Previous internship experience and/or participated in college clubs/organizations, and/or in-depth coursework in a related field
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Must be willing to work from the offices in Miami, FL, fully remote, and/or hybrid