Intern - Corporate Communication
About the Job
As the leading company reaching Hispanic America today, Univision delivers premier entertainment, news, and sports content to U.S. Hispanics through its television, radio, and interactive platforms. Univision is looking to recruit top talent for our Internship program to join our mission of informing, entertaining, and empowering U.S. Hispanic consumers. The ideal candidate is at the top of their class, is a self-starter, and is eager to learn in a team environment. Our internship program strives to grow our interns' knowledge of the media industry and expand their networking opportunities.
SUMMER PROGRAM DETAILS :
- 9-week paid program; maximum of 40 hours/per week.
- Program starts June 7th, 2021 through August 6th, 2021.
- Exposure to various business leaders and company initiatives.
- Training and development workshops to build transferrable business skills.
- Projects are designed to build knowledge, skills, and experience in the Media Industry.
This position will strengthen the intern's written business communications for both internal and external audiences, and hone project management skills. The intern will also develop real-world, hands-on experience working on a fast-paced communications team.
- Assist Corporate Communications team with daily communications duties; such as media monitoring, reporting, research, and briefing books
- Assist in developing internal and external communications materials e.g. press releases, blogs, fact sheets, bios, memos, and more
- Create graphics and write copy for social media platforms
- Conduct research in support of media pitches and special projects
- Assist in developing content for company's internal website, which can include multimedia and written pieces
PREFERRED MAJORS :
Public Relation, Communication, Journalism, Digital or related degree
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution
- Must be a rising Jr., rising Sr., or recent May 2021 graduate
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must have previous internship experience and/or participated in college clubs/ organizations and/or in-depth coursework in a related field
- Knowledge of tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, or Canva
- Must be familiar with digital and social platforms such as WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Proficient Excel skills required
- Proficient PowerPoint skills required
- Results oriented and attention to details
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently with minimal supervision
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Team-oriented mindset
- Quick learner and curious about the business
- Reliable, organized and possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Preferred: Proficient Microsoft Office, Smartsheet, OneDrive, and firm knowledge of internet navigation skills required.
- Previous internship experience and/or participated in college clubs/organizations, and/or in-depth coursework in a related field
- Ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Must be willing to work from the offices in New York, NY, fully remote, and/or hybrid