Intern - Community Empowerment
About the Job
As the leading company reaching Hispanic America today, Univision delivers premier entertainment, news, and sports content to U.S. Hispanics through its television, radio, and interactive platforms. Univision is looking to recruit top talent for our Internship program to join our mission of informing, entertaining, and empowering U.S. Hispanic consumers. The ideal candidate is at the top of their class, is a self-starter, and is eager to learn in a team environment. Our internship program strives to grow our interns' knowledge of the media industry and expand their networking opportunities.
SUMMER PROGRAM DETAILS :
- 9-week paid program; maximum of 40 hours/per week.
- Program starts June 7th, 2021 through August 6th, 2021.
- Exposure to various business leaders and company initiatives.
- Training and development workshops to build transferrable business skills.
- Projects are designed to build knowledge, skills, and experience in the Media Industry.
Intern will develop competencies in the areas of broadcast producing, digital content, and writing development for TV, Radio and Digital. Intern will be exposed to various community and business leaders and campaigns in North Texas. The projects the intern will work on will build knowledge, skills and experience in cause related marketing.
- Assist News, Sales, and Creative departments as well as organizations and members of the community
- Respond to correspondence from community members
- Research topics in the community
- Assist broadcast and digital teams by producing content
- Assist with recaps of campaigns
- Provide FCC administration support
- Support sales campaigns alongside News, Sales
PREFERRED MAJORS :
Public Relations, Communication, Marketing, or Broadcasting
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution
- Must be a rising Jr., rising Sr., or recent May 2021 graduate
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Working knowledge of social media, photography, and TV/radio production
- Proficient Excel skills required
- Proficient PowerPoint skills required
- Results oriented and attention to details
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently with minimal supervision
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English)
- Excellent writing, communication, research, and presentation skills
- Understanding of online communities, social media best practices, strategies and trends
- Team-oriented mindset
- Quick learner and curious about the business
- Reliable, organized and possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Preferred: Proficient Microsoft Office, Smartsheet, OneDrive, and firm knowledge of internet navigation skills required.
- Previous internship experience and/or participated in college clubs/organizations, and/or in-depth coursework in a related field
- Ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Must be willing to work from the offices in Dallas, TX, fully remote, and/or hybrid