Human Resources Generalist
About the Job
We are looking for a highly organized, driven and client-oriented individual to join the HR team and support assigned client groups at Univision, supporting a population of ~1000. This position is responsible for transacting in Workday and other systems, data management and reporting requests as well as responding to employees' and colleagues' inquiries relating to data or HR processes. In addition to maintaining a complete and accurate HRIS systems, this position is integral to supporting HR Partners with execution of a wide range of HR processes and projects related to the employee life cycle including: HR onboarding/orientation, recruiting, compliance, learning & development, employee benefits, employee relations, terminations, etc. The ideal candidate is a bilingual (Spanish and English) professional with prior experience in a similar role transacting in Workday, is a skilled communicator, organized with a high attention to detail as well as a passion for driving operational and process excellence. Great role for someone seeking learn all areas of HR, expand their HR skills / experience and grow their responsibilities over time!
Own HRIS Data Management and Reporting
- Own quality of HR systems data for assigned client groups; ensure accuracy, compliance and completeness.
- Process employee life cycle transactions in applicable HR & IT systems (new hire, data changes, terminations, etc.).
- Maintain accurate and compliant employee files based on Company and legislative retention policy and practices.
- Audit data, run monthly reports and respond to custom / ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Partner with HRBPs and business clients to review/edit job descriptions, post roles, source passive candidates, review resumes, screen candidates, assess talent etc., for assigned roles. Build up to independently driving staffing cycle for assigned clients / positions.
- Manage pre-hire processes (create offer letters, initiate/track background checks, etc.).
- Execute onboarding & offboarding processes (process new hire information, complete I-9s, liaise with department to ensure new hires have the appropriate set up and onboarding experience; process terminations / exit interviews, etc.).
- Work with HRBP and business clients to process temporary employee requests.
Manager and Employee Resource for HR processes
- Assist managers and employees in navigating through Workers Comp, LOA, STD, LTD, and FMLA issues.
- Act as internal consultant for employment practices; ensures compliance with Company and HR policy, procedures, and programs; interpret and provide guidance to employees and managers.
- Respond to routine HR questions including, but not limited to benefits, payroll, vacation or redirect employees to appropriate contacts.
Maintain Current Knowledge of HR Principles and Support HR Project Execution
- Assist in implementation of enterprise wide programs, trainings, initiatives (performance management, compensation planning, benefits open enrollment, etc.). Assist with special projects, as assigned.
- Keep apprised & updated on new regulations, company policies & procedures.
- Attend & participate in training courses pertinent to Human Resources as required.
- Identify and suggest process improvements to drive efficiency and productivity for team / HR function.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field (or High School Diploma / GED and 7 years of equivalent work experience referenced);
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience in similar positions (e.g., HR Coordinator, HR Administrator, HR Specialist, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience transacting with HRIS and Applicant Tracking software; systems execution of employee HR Life cycle events and recruitment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience and knowledge of all Workday modules is highly desirable
- Experience and knowledge of ADP, Hireright, Handshake, Sparkhire, Equifax, Smartsheet, and other HR Tech systems
- Strong process orientation
- Digitally and technology savvy
- Proven high level of discretion due to access of information
- Organization skills - ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- "Customer service" minded professional - Resourceful with strong problem-solving skills; able to develop alternative solutions and resolve employee issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact and communicate professionally and effectively at all levels within the organization
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional follow through
- Self-starter who is able to effectively work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in the media/communications industry
- Spanish fluency preferred
- Must be willing to work from offices in New York, NY
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Must be willing and able to be available for requests/work outside of traditional business hours
- Willingness to work in Teaneck, NJ when needed to onboard new hires at that location, for meetings or special project work
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, edit, reach and sit for up to (8) hours