Director, Digital Communications
About the Job
Univision's Corporate Communications team is seeking a Director, Digital Communications to lead the communications platform and media relations for Univision's growing digital and streaming services. This a strategic role that will partner with digital and streaming leaders to strategize, align, plan and execute communications aimed at amplifying and distinguishing Univision services among consumer media in both Spanish and English language media outlets.
Individual will report to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications, who is based in Miami, FL. This role calls for an artful storyteller with business acumen and exceptional writing skills that can translate the "Big Idea" into authentic and impactful communications. You have the skills to understand both the big picture and the tactical execution. The ideal candidate must have an entrepreneurial spirit combined with artful story-telling expertise and passionate about getting things done.
- Provide communications counsel to senior leaders on how to best engage media and develop messaging strategies that are strategic and authentic across Univision's growing digital and streaming portfolio.
- Develop communications calendar and cadence to support business goals and flagship projects including new services, original digital and/or streaming programming, speaking opportunities, events and 3rd party partnerships.
- Lead strategy development for media relations as well as pitch efforts on all social, digital and streaming initiatives.
- Work closely with streaming editorial team to validate media plans and pitches.
- Work closely with digital editorial team to develop communications plans and proactively identify storytelling opportunities.
- Amplify company's goals by leveraging tier 1 consumer media to create and increase brand awareness
- Anticipate and understand media and social media trends to proactively seed stories in relevant platforms.
- Develop and distribute timely and relevant materials including news releases, photos and video assets.
- Work closely with the corporate communications to cross pollinate initiatives and projects to develop critical mass in messaging and publicity.
- Develop PR initiatives to support Univision's influencer network creators, looking for editorial and publicity opportunities.
- Media train and prep executives and talent for speaking opportunities and media interviews.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in public relations or other relevant business field
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Strong understanding of digital strategy, message integration and communications that resonate across various audiences and platforms.
- Strong understanding of how digital information flows online
- Existing media relationships with editors and journalists covering the digital media/television space
- Experience working closely with editorial leaders and senior executives
- Experience leveraging social media platform to amplify and promote projects such as; Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Fluent in Spanish (read and write)
- Media industry experience; in streaming services, a plus
- Motivated self-starter with strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of emotional intelligence; effective at interacting and building relationships at all levels within a matrix organization
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure and rapidly changing environment
- Prioritization skills and flexibility to accommodate demanding projects schedules
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and maintain focus and confidentiality
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis