Dir/Sr Dir, Podcast Dev
About the Job
Univision Communications is the leading media company serving Hispanic America. Our powerhouse portfolio includes Television, Radio, Interactive and Experiential offerings that inform, empower and entertain more Hispanics each day than any other media company in the country. Our Company values serve as a compass for our actions and the foundation for our interactions with employees, customers, and suppliers. They are our defining principles that state what we believe: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Diversity, Service, and Excellence!
The Head of Podcast Development is responsible for managing Univision's Uforia podcasting development strategy and reporting to key stakeholders on podcast content performance. Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to 1) identifying internal and external podcast development opportunities, 2) work closely with radio, TV, and digital teams on new podcast projects, 3) align closely with sales on ways to expand podcast impressions, 4) create a podcats analytics framework, 5) reporting cadence on key podcast KPI's and 6) manage podcats development, publishing and reporting technology products.
This individual is a critical member of the Univision Audio team who must be technically skilled, self-directed, highly motivated, detail-oriented, structured, innovative and display an incredible work ethic. The head of podcast development is an avid podcast consumer, is intricately tuned into the latest industry trends, and is a creative content development leader. The leader can multitask and has a proven ability to complete projects, think creatively, and communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders.
Head of Podcast Development for Uforia responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the podcast development working closely with respective radio, TV, and digital teams to identify internal podcast projects.
- Lead the podcast development strategy, including content strategy, windowing, (co)production, and acquisition strategy.
- Develop and oversee podcast development and production budgets.
- Negotiate project acquisitions and talent deals.
- Work closely with the audio sales team in growing digital audio impressions to meet business goals.
- Create an optimal user audio experience for podcasting consumers across the Uforia platform.
- Work closely with marketing and engineering teams to deliver quick time-to-market and consistent reporting on podcast performance and ad-campaign performance.
- Provide coverage, marketing, and client support for the President of Radio.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in podcast development and production
- Experience working with podcasting, digital, and social media platforms
- Demonstrated experience podcasting deal structures
- Expert analytical and modeling skills for media planning
- Proficiency in audio design and audio mixing
- Strong verbal, written skills and presentation skills
- Spanish language fluency, a must
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong narrative development creative skills.
- Solid understanding of podcasting monetization strategies
- Ability to leverage software & technology (studio and field recording) to maximize effectiveness
- Strong intrapersonal skills, including demonstrated storytelling experience (script and edit narrative)
- Proven ability to manage Talent and coaching a guest through an interview
- Professional presence with demonstrated ability to interact with clients in all environments
- Experience with social media platforms
- Must be willing to work from home or office
- Position is based in Miami but flexible to hire in other locations
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, edit, reach and sit for up to (10) hours