Digital Control Room Operator PT
Univision Miami, FL
About the Job
Univision is seeking a talented and detail oriented Digital Control Room Operator (DCR), Part-time for fast-paced multi-feed live sporting events focusing on soccer in a national digital market.
- Operate production switcher.
- Operational knowledge of Digital and Analog audio consoles and peripheral equipment including patch bays and routers.
- Set up, check and ensure that all microphones, audio and media playback are adjusted for proper VU levels and equalization.
- Handle IFB mix minus and Telos Systems for Live Shots and Telephone call-ins.
- Handle coordination of all RF/Wireless equipment (i.e. microphones, IFB and PL).
- Apply understanding of basic standard broadcast video levels.
- Apply technical expertise to resolve technical issues that arise in the digital control room.
- Collaborate closely with producers and production staff in the preparation of rundowns.
- Work with Engineering to ensure that all equipment is operating properly.
- Provide immediate solutions in the event of equipment or other audio problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Associates Degree in Television Production or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of audio experience in a live television environment and sports programming or live audio applications.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as Technical Director of live shows.
- Must have ability to multi-task and prioritize as in this digital environment it will be required to manage multiple feeds simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology.
- Must have a working knowledge of control room workflows and understanding of audio mixing and PL/mix-minus solutions.
- Knowledge of iNEWS and Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Must have the leadership skills necessary to manage and lead multiple feeds simultaneously.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with producers and production staff in preparing rundowns and feed logistics.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure and live event situations.
- Interpersonal and professional communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Must be willing to work from facilities in Miami, Florida.
- Employment/education will be verified.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis