About the Job
Univision's Collections Department is seeking highly motivated AR/Collections Analyst. The Collections Analyst assumes the responsibility to maximize cash flow while ensuring invoices are cleared and paid in a timely manner. Proactively partnering internally and externally to identify payment trends and resolve issues causing a delay in payments. Ideal candidate will have collections experience working in a Media Company or Advertising Agency.
- Manages timely payment of invoices. Collects all past-due balances for designated sales area, keeping AR balance current by performing monthly a ledger review and account reconciliations as needed.
- Works with Univision's cash application team to proactively resolve unapplied cash and timely posting of payments
- Analyzes and determines best practices to achieve maximum results, often dependent on individual customer needs.
- Maintains a constant focus on achieving and surpassing established collection targets.
- Advises management of potential problems with customer's cash flow, works to minimize risk, resolve credit problems, and late payment issues.
- Researching and processing discrepancies and credit adjustments as needed
- Send A/R Statement of Account reports to clients monthly, with regular follow-up until account balances are resolved
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, good work ethic and promptness in accomplishing all tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills required (e.g. vlookups, pivot tables). Proficient in MS office suite (MS Word, MS PowerPoint) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to deal with all levels of an organization
- Effective time management and strong problem-solving skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or four years of related work experience
- Must be willing to work from office in Teaneck, NJ
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis