About the Job
Univision is seeking a talented Channel Planner responsible for the program planning of multiple channels. Will oversee the planning & scheduling of their respective assigned group of channels on the platform along with channel schedulers.
- Responsible for the editorial voice, programming quality, and overall success of a group of assigned VLL channels on the platform.
- Monthly planning and day-to-day curation of programming for a selection of assigned channels
- Work with scheduler on monthly program plans for assigned channels to specification
- Act as main liaison with content operations, including tracking of new programming, communicating delays, etc.
- Proactively review upcoming schedules and identify potential delivery and/or operational issues.
- Analyze and champion data to maximize efficiency and understanding of content success
- Ability to define success and failure criteria for content/channels/programming schedules & adjust program plans accordingly
- Review content catalogs from major entertainment brands, digital creators, and independent creators
- Suggest new content acquisitions, partnership targets, and shortcomings within VLL channel libraries
- Create programming stunts, channels, and content for marketing and promotional use
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Ideal candidate must have 3+ years of management experience as well as direct planning & scheduling experience and be proficient operating in a multi-database setup.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- The ideal candidate must be creative, problem solver, self-starter, able to perform in a fast-paced environment, with strong interpersonal skills, very organized, detail-oriented, and with the ability to prioritize and work effectively and independently with both speed and accuracy.
- Candidate must possess both strategic and creative sensibilities with the ability to analyze in-depth research.
- Broad knowledge and passion for TV, film and online video
- Knowledge of best practices in metadata creation and copywriting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English a must.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Great communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter, independent worker
- US Hispanic market experience
- Must be willing to work from office in Miami, Florida
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis