Univision Chicago, IL
About the Job
Univision is seeking a talented Hard Camera Operator to provide creative fluid movement of the camera on multi camera sports productions.
- Create smooth fluid movements of the camera to enhance the production value of each program.
- Ensure strong creative visual composition.
- Maintain stable framing without extraneous movement on all axis.
- Setup, balance, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment.
- Operate zoom control and lens focus.
- Take direction well and work as a team player
- Operate in a safe and controlled manner to minimize injury to self or others as well as any damage to equipment or property.
- Operate hand held and pedestal mounted cameras as required
Required Skills & Experience
- Associates Degree in Television Production or equivalent work experience
- Two years of experience operating hard cameras
- Experience and knowledge of working in multi camera studio productions
- Experience operating hand held and pedestal mounted cameras
- As this position supports a 24x7 operation, candidate must, in addition to being able to work regular hours, have on-call availability, and flexibility to work days, nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as needed and without advance notice. Additionally, candidate may be required to work on site for extended periods of time to provide coverage in special circumstances, such as, during tropical storm/hurricane.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Must be willing to work from facility in Miami, Florida.
- Employment will be verified.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Physical ability to carry and lift up to 50 pounds
- Agility to move at a rapid pace as production needs may require