About the Job
The Account Executive will play a critical role within our fast-paced advertising sales team, with a focus on driving revenue for linear and digital platforms. This role will develop sales revenue from new advertisers as well as maximize revenue from assigned list (active & non-active accounts). Finding and developing new and non-traditional advertisers is expected, as well as revenue opportunities in linear and digital platforms.
- Prepare and present accurate and comprehensive sales pitches/presentations and establish close business relationships with all levels of clients.
- Strong knowledge of clients in order to accurately forecast billing by quarter
- Own, manage, and develop relationships with clients, agencies and advertisers
- Look for opportunities to develop monetization solutions for clients, and ensure clients receive superior customer service
- Actively participate in Network Sales Office projects sales events
- Develop accounts from existing linear business to digital business. Work closely and collegially with Marketing, Insights and Business Development teams.
- Selling of Linear, Digital and Social advertising
- Schedule and execute meetings/presentations with buyers, planners and clients
- Drive advertising sales initiatives
- Understand customer needs and provide feedback and market input that will strengthen our opportunities and value proposition
- Develop strong relationships throughout Univision to ensure a unified and coordinated strategy is presented in the market
- Bachelor's Degree / Minimum 4-year college degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience and success in working for multimedia sales organization as a direct seller
- Proven history of prospecting, generating proposals, meeting and exceeding sales goals and driving YOY growth, with a demonstrated track record in closing new business
- Established network of agencies, clients and brand managers.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to translate ideas into clear, high-impact communications presenting in front of a client.
- Excellent interpersonal and client relation development skills
- Must be self-motivated, driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong computer skills with experience in Internet & Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Prefer candidates with sales experience in digital, social, branded content, data driven linear audience selling
- Ideal candidate would have strong client relationships in the Chicago market and other Midwest markets such as Texas, Minnesota, Michigan, etc.
- Must be able to handle working under the pressure of deadlines and revenue goals
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with others in the entire sales organization; Univision Sales Team, Stations, and Management within a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to implement, sell, and execute multi-market & multi-platform campaigns
- Exceptional negotiation and influencing skills
- Display passion in the product and possess a positive/aggressive work ethic
- Strong leadership and organization skills; detailed-oriented; trust-worthy with confidential and sensitive information
- Self-directed with proven ability to execute and multi-task on a regular basis with little direction
- Capacity to work and analyze numeric data
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at the senior level
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully operate within a large organization, effectively communicating with executives, interdepartmental teams and external clients
- Adaptable in the face of constant change and ability to perform at a high level; identifying solutions when faced with challenges
- Must be willing to work from offices in Chicago, IL
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Must be willing to work extended hours, sometimes on short notice due to project deadlines and to attend after-hours client events
- Must be willing to travel, as needed and on weekends, with short notice