Pharmacy Intern - Pediatric Pharmacy
University Hospitals Cleveland, OH
About the Job
- The Pharmacy intern is accountable for assisting pharmacists in the retrieval, processing, preparation and distribution of medications and sterile products for patient administration. These activities include but are not limited to unit dose medications and IV admixtures, parenteral nutrition, floor stock pharmaceuticals, controlled substances. and other defined systems.
- The Intern functions in all aspects of drug distribution that do not require the professional judgment of a pharmacist.
- All assigned activities are performed under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Essential Duties: Accurate preparation of medications including sterile products, chemotherapy, unit dose, TPN, and controlled substances.
- Accurate and timely delivery of medications.
- Timely delivery and retrieval of medications. Inventories, replenishes, and maintains pharmaceutical stock.
- Adherence to System, Hospital, and Departmental Policies.
- Assist the Pharmacist with medication and or patient care related issues.
- Adhere to performance standards.
- High School Equivalent / GED
- Currently enrolled in an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Current Active Pharmacy Intern license from the Ohio Pharmacy Board.