uBreakiFix Lead Technician
About the Job
The uBreakiFix Remote Technician makes consumer electronic repair easy and convenient for our customers. Remote Technicians travel in a fully-equipped uBreakiFix Repair Van to customers and provide on-site diagnosis and repair.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Confers with customers to determine the nature of problems or to explain repairs.
- Disassembles entertainment equipment and repairs or replaces loose, worn, or defective components and wiring, using hand tools.
- Fixes devices, processes cracked glass, tests devices before and after repairs.
- Travels to meet with customers in their homes or places of business.
- Training and development of Remote Tech team- this role will have 5-10 direct reports
- Putting Remote Tech schedule into Portal 2 weeks in advance w/ roles and vehicle assigned
- Ensuring daily coverage for remote jobs and escalating issues to the district manager
- Responsible for ensuring jobs are assigned to technicians
- POC for dispatched technicians along with DM
- Deployment of new processes
- Deployment of new vans
- Ensuring legal and safety protocols are in place in vans
- Ensure all vans have appropriate tools and equipment to perform duties
- Top-tier performance, individually
- Manage market operational KPIs and drive results
- Ensuring inventory availability and collaboration with Store Leader; including buybacks and RMAs
- Accountable for inventory handled by RTs in your market
- Attending weekly readouts with Operational leadership
- Manage “We Come To You” program for markets
- Customer/Client Focus
- Teamwork Orientation
- Communication Proficiency.
- Electronic Repair Proficiency.
- Technical Aptitude.
This position will supervise remote technicians.
This job operates in both a retail environment and involves driving to and from customer’s homes or place of business. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers/scanners. This role also requires the Remote Technician to operate professionally and effectively in the customer’s home or place of business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh more than 50 pounds.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Employees must be willing to travel a radius of up to 25 miles from store to repair appointments.
Travel for this position should be expected up to 100% of the time.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Willing to undergo and pass a background check including Criminal, Driving and Drug Test.
- Previous retail or customer service experience.
It is the policy of uBreakiFix to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (with or without sexual conduct), age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. uBreakiFix prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.