Dev Tester - One Year Contract
About the Job
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft's worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player's lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Communicate directly with development teams and other Development Testers (locally and from other studios)
- Perform regular tests on the product and/or tools in order to ensure the required quality
- Report issues encountered with standardized format that can be easily identified and reproduced according to project guidelines
- Validate high risk changes before they are integrated into the main version in order to ensure stability and basic functionality
- Deliver feedback and reports to the development team, on a regular basis as well as on-demand
- Plan tests on specific areas and improve upon the process throughout the project
- Maintain open communication with the functionality test teams, assisting them with product details
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Experience on a similar position of at least 12 months
- Adapt easily to platform and workload variations
- Comfortable in writing test-cases and setting up test procedures
- Open to changes and self-improvement
- Proactive working manner
- Experience with JIRA or other bug-tracking systems