Sr. Legal Sourcer (Project Hire)
About the Job
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Senior Talent Sourcer role will include research, talent identification and engagement and encompasses combining consultative, influencing and advocacy skills to find and attract top talent and deliver optimal results to recruiting partners and hiring managers. The Senior Talent Sourcer participates in the development of sourcing strategies, researches and creates target lists of companies and individuals for active and future openings, identifies, engages with and converts passive talent to active and future prospects.
The Senior Talent Sourcer is an integral member of Talent Acquisition, combining consultative, influencing and advocacy skills to find and attract top talent and deliver excellent results to recruiting partners and hiring managers. Integrated with the support of a sourcing center of excellence, this professional will directly be responsible for the full-service candidate sourcing and research support for a variety of legal specific functions across The Walt Disney Company. Examples of these functions include attorney, paralegal and coordinator roles. The Senior Talent Sourcer partners with Enterprise Legal Recruiters on projects and searches to develop sourcing strategies, construct target lists of companies, candidates, prospects and leads, develop pipelines of talent, contact high-potential prospects, conduct candidate interviews, maintain progress reports, captures market data to tell the passive talent market's story and assess candidate qualifications. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to proactively identify top talent through a variety of sourcing techniques. Additional research and consultative activities may occur in support of specific clients or overall initiatives. Focus areas and responsibilities for the Senior Talent Sourcer range across Talent Strategies / Talent Community Development, Subject Matter Expertise, Requisition Support, Market Intel / Addressable Market Analytics, Strategic Business Partnerships, Sourcing Reporting & Analytics, and Advancing the Sourcing Function.
- Perform candidate sourcing and research activities through the development and execution of full lifecycle research and sourcing strategies and plans; ensuring an optimal experience for candidates, clients, and talent acquisition partners
- Effectively articulate a compelling value proposition and business strategy to prospects and candidates
- Cultivate relationships with talent for current and future opportunities
- Network closely within the industry and specialized functional areas to identify the right talent and companies to target
- Identify and articulate the qualifications, strengths, and opportunities of candidates to hiring managers and talent consultants
- Leverage a variety of sourcing methods, techniques and technologies, inclusive of social media, leveraging Boolean searches to scan through publicly-accessible code repositories, etc.
- Implement key strategies and partnerships to include, but not limited to professional associations, and diversity recruitment conferences, community outreach programs and events, industry networking events and associations, etc.
- Responsible for creating target lists of companies and individuals for active and future openings. Research target companies to develop lists of individuals (names / titles) as a match for active & future roles through utilizing industry directories, networking, and/or conducting searches within online tools, resume databases, direct sourcing, industry research, networking events, blogs, associations and career events
- Fully leverage for optimal talent relationship management utilizing campaign management, lead tracking, and to identify and continuously engage with leads, referrals, and other potential prospects
- Monitor continuous improvement through measures of success analytics and report them on a regular basis
- Attend meetings with recruitment partners and hiring teams
- Conduct in-depth screens and assess potential candidates for level of interest, qualifications, compensation and convert hard to find passive talent through an understanding of the business and employee value proposition
- Participate in ad hoc projects as necessary
- Identify and successfully engage with legal talent in specific disciplines.
- Tell a compelling and consistent message to candidates that aligns with the company brand and values.
- Develop robust communities of talent and candidate pipelines across a diverse set of functional areas and generate rapid results in a fast-paced environment
Market Intel / Addressable Market Analytics:
- Collect and frame-up external talent market data to enable partners to inform and influence decisions
Strategic Business Partnerships:
- Proactively inform recruiting partners on progress and recommend shifts in sourcing strategy.
- Participate in enterprise-wide talent acquisition projects, in conjunction with Talent Acquisition Leaders.
- Explain complex information to others in straightforward situations
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Develop knowledge / building skills in functions / specialties. Build toward operating at as a SME on various external talent markets for specific professional discipline(s)
- Lead the development of subject matter expertise of high niche legal areas and funnel intelligence back to recruitment partners and Talent Acquisition Leaders. Enhance the organization's understanding of the legal space through research and synthesis of knowledge acquired, staying current on market trends. Proactively educate recruitment partners, hiring leaders and Talent Acquisition leaders. Consult on talent market throughout lifecycle of individual searches
- Lead and synthesize gaining understanding of legal groups within each respective segment at TWDC, look for trends in skillsets so as to share market intelligence and talent across segments
- 7 years of work experience in sourcing or recruiting candidates with heavy emphasis on research, sourcing, recruitment and/or other relevant experience / transferrable job skills.
- Extensive experience developing and executing fully comprehensive sourcing/recruitment plans on niche search areas.
- Experience in consulting and/or working in a consultative role where multiple projects and competing demands are the norm
- Ability to analyze job descriptions and candidate profiles to determine target profile needs and appropriate match
- Knowledge of the recruitment lifecycle, inclusive of Boolean and/or Semantic searching, data mining, professional networking, passive candidate cold calling and innovative sourcing techniques
- Proven experience contacting, attracting, qualifying and converting high-potential prospects through multiple channels
- Demonstrated experience speaking with and assessing candidates' skills and qualifications
- Business acumen with the ability to understand business needs and business structure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including verbal and written
- Strong curiosity, creativity and a drive to succeed a must
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience in a role where multiple projects and competing demands are the norm
- Resourceful, with exceptional problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience developing strong, collaborative relationships
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Search firm and/or corporate legal recruiting experience
- Experience contacting high-potential prospects through targeted cold calling
- Proficiency using a variety of online search / sourcing tools, ideally including ATS and CRM systems
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC , which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) .
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.