Media Monitoring Coord - Casual
About the Job
The Media Monitoring Coordinator (Casual-Temporary or "CT") plays a critical role in monitoring and identifying important business issues, industry news, and relevant coverage for Disney's Parks, Experiences & Products (DPEP) segment, which includes The Walt Disney Company's global theme parks and resorts, Disney Signature Experiences (including Disney Cruise Line), Walt Disney Imagineering, and consumer products, games, and publishing businesses.
The role will be responsible for monitoring news coverage to provide stakeholders with breaking news, key DPEP daily news stories, industry and competition news, and relevant geopolitical news tailored to DPEP.
This position is "Casual-Temporary," therefore hours and advanced scheduling are not guaranteed and are at the discretion of the hiring manager. The forecasted schedule for this role will be approximately 16 hours/week, with regular work days falling on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Provides real-time media monitoring across traditional and digital media platforms.
- Determines relevant news stories appropriate for sharing with curated group(s) of DPEP stakeholders.
- Manages distribution of clips via shared email alias to pre-designated distribution lists.
- Receives and manages specific flagging requests.
- Communicates effectively with team members on shared projects.
- Is available as needed, including weekends and non-traditional morning and evening hours as well as holidays.
- Ability to have flexible work schedule to accommodate extended and non-traditional hours necessary for managing complex, timely issues as well as supporting global clients in Europe and Asia. Availability and willingness to work Saturdays and Sundays is required.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team, manage competing priorities and several time-sensitive projects at once in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Must possess a positive/can-do attitude with ability to problem solve.
- Excellent judgment and proven ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Possesses strong communication and writing skills and a keen attention to detail, including ability to communicate via email to multiple partners throughout the organization.
- Strong interest in following current events and familiarity with a variety of news outlets.
- Thrives under pressure and in fast-paced situations.
- Previous experience with data management platforms, preferably in media analytics and research experience working with global brands or agency experience.
- Previous experience handling sensitive or confidential information; demonstrated discretion handling sensitive information.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital metrics and the wider digital industry including understanding of Boolean search operators.
- Previous experience working in the Travel and Leisure, Entertainment and/or Consumer Goods Industry, preferably in public affairs, communications, or issues management capacity (in-house or agency).
- Bi-lingual abilities
- High school diploma or college degree in a related field.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.