Dir, Global Product Integrity, Consumer Products
About the Job
The Product Integrity department manages the safety and compliance of products being sold or distributed with Disney brands, characters and other intellectual property. Our corporate Product Integrity group is staffed with experienced engineers and safety professionals around the world verifying product compliance.
The Director, Product Integrity, Global Product, is a new critical role that will position current PI activities to best-in-class as the department evolves to support the business needs of both core programs and flexible business models globally. Our business partners are expanding into new markets which will require new skillsets, processes and efficiencies in the PI department as well as an increase of vendor compliance management and an outlook toward environmental product compliance verification.
The Director, Product Integrity, Global Product, provides the leadership and subject matter expertise for core and wholesale global product compliance. The Director is responsible for the global product compliance program and integration for all markets and buyers as well as vendor and environmental product initiatives.
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Lead and support teams with optimism, largely by influence and example setting.
- Work closely with segments, legal, other internal subject matter experts and stakeholder groups to develop and align on new global product program initiatives
- Provide clear, timely and effective communications and updates to all stakeholders.
- Present to executives with a level of senior professionalism, business savvy and accuracy.
- Unites teams, great collaboration, transparent proactivity and passion for the role with experience of gaining credibility and respect of teams.
People and Process Management:
- Review, re-establish and execute process workflows and standard operating procedures finding work efficiencies as needed.
- Provide process input to technology systems requirement initiatives and to support department activities.
- As needed, initiate change and change management.
- Plan, manage and prioritize team's workload/ad hoc projects as well as the review of staff's work
- Identify resources needed to accomplish projects outside of direct resources
- Invest resources to provide development opportunities for the teams
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Provide subject matter expertise to strengthen best practices for team to execute on consumer product compliance procedures related to wholesale program initiatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise on international consumer product rules and regulations including packaging and labelling as well as any changes in current global requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the assessment of emerging industry issues and the actions required for current and new business initiatives, including sustainability compliance practices.
- Provide best practices in manufacturing compliance to vendor base and related stakeholders.
- Successful candidates will have 10 or more years of consumer product compliance leadership and have multiple years' experience leading at the executive level.
- Must have recent experience working in a consumer product company with a variety of consumer product categories distributed into multiple global regions and can speak to the requirements in each country/region including packaging and labeling
- Must have experience with product compliance requirements to various buyers globally
- Must have knowledge of sustainability product compliance.
- Knowledge of international consumer product rules and regulations
- Critical thinking skills and ability to showcase those skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation and group dynamics skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with executives
- Models excellent judgment; exhibits leadership style with tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated track record of operationalizing a vision by creating a roadmap and effectively implementing processes and systems.
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with peers, business leaders and partners
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering or other science field.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. , which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) .
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.