Content Marketing Manager
About the Job
The Content Marketing Manager is responsible for managing Disney evergreen social content. This includes ideation and shepherding production and approvals for social content that supports Disney ranging across the franchises: Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, National Geographic, and more.
This person will consistently create new series and types of content across assigned properties, platforms, and brands, based on trends and data. They will also constantly be revisiting existing content based on performance, and should be well versed in insights and analytics, using data to inform their creative decisions. This includes planning content a quarter in advance, taking into account budget, priorities, and performance. They will also maintain a calendar and tracking system for all video and visual development pieces.
The Content Marketing Manager is an analytical and data driven leader, who is very collaborative, creative and detail oriented, with a strong understanding of all digital platforms. This Manager will possess executive presence and be able to interact with executives across the company during the content review process. They will have strong pitching skills and the ability to craft pitches based on institutional knowledge of the company and its brands. They will also manage a Content Marketing Strategist and be a leader among their peers and the point person to mentor and train new members of the team, with minimal supervision.
- Manage content strategy and the Content Marketing Strategist for Disney evergreen content.
- Manage multiple marketing campaigns and be the leader of their brands for business units across the Disney organization.
- content planning, story ideation, content curation, video and social content development, project management, and campaign management.
- Create, review, and approve story topics, researching, pitching, and project managing video and design content from ideation to publishing.
- Lead brainstorms and meetings involving multiple teams and levels of management.
- Manage and develop content marketing opportunities with stakeholders across TWDC (The Walt Disney Company).
- Provide regular updates to business unit partners and executives within TWDC, ensuring goals are being met and providing recommendations when necessary. Give feedback to production and designers on assets.
- Provide brand guidance and develop content distribution and strategy plans across Disney websites and social media properties and measure content performance and address strategy to hit business objectives.
- Collaborate with a team of social, visual development, and production partners through the ideation and creation process.
- Minimum of 5 years of editorial or digital video production experience within consumer facing media
- Management and team leadership experiences
- Passion for storytelling, listening to what the community has to say, and providing above average experiences in the social space
- Basic understanding of digital analytics and performance tracking
- Superior knowledge of social platforms
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology
- Polished in presentation and communication
- Highly organized and detail oriented with exceptional sense of accountability
- Ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a fast moving and constantly adapting team
- Be able to find creative solutions to problems
- Well versed in multitasking, receiving feedback, and problem solving across multiple voices and personalities with a collaborative spirit.
- BA or BS required, preferably with a background in Marketing, Journalism or Film
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.