Associate Producer, News One
About the Job
ABC News has an Associate Producer position open for NewsOne. This position will process requests, gather editorial information, edit content and provide customer service for stations and clients. The Associate Producer supports our operations and ensures successful distribution of content to our ABC affiliates and clients.
- Handles requests from International broadcasters for access to ABC News programs and stories; obtains clearance information, processes contracts, pulls video from archives, edits video, and delivers it to the client
- Takes and processes client requests for video, script, and editorial information
- Monitors and processes monthly billing for distribution lines to International clients
- Edits and distributes international and domestic video items to ABC affiliates and clients
- Researches and gathers video for NewsOne franchise packages: daily entertainment report, daily "good news" report
- Manages NewsOne Live Channel switches
- Supports Client Producers on remote events planning
- At least 2 years in a newsroom production setting
- Must be proficient with non-linear editing especially Avid Newscutter.
- Must be able to work independently and think critically in a high-stress environment, while under deadline pressure.
- Knowledge operating file transfer software for gathering and transmitting video files.
- Must have a basic understanding of rights and clearances aspect of production.
- Must be well-organized.
- Knowledge of newsroom wire systems such as I-News.
- Previous affiliate newsroom experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. , which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television .
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.