Virtual NY News Bureau Intern - Summer 2021
About the Job
Virtual CNN NY News Bureau Intern – Summer 2021
The New York bureau of CNN is responsible for news coverage in the northeast region of the country. Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues and trends. Content generated by the bureau is coordinated with the key programs on CNN US, but also appears across the platforms of the CNN Newsgroup.
CNN NY News Bureau Intern
- Interns gain insight into the editorial process while interning at CNN.
- They strengthen their research skills while contributing to segments and wires and being paired with reporters and producers on both breaking news and ongoing stories.
- In production, interns learn how to set up a script with appropriate video and write using CNN's database.
- Interns learn how to use CNN's video and photo databases for packages and sound bites for air.
- Interns may greet show guests and assist in basic Administrative tasks.
- Intern's schedules vary and may include week and weekend work - morning and evening.
- Interns have the opportunity to pitch stories and have first-hand exposure as to how stories are developed, how video is gathered and edited, the script-writing process, and how the program is built from an editorial and production perspective.
- Assist Associate Producers, Tape Editors, Assignment Editors, and Producers at all levels in New York.
The Essentials .
- Candidates should be passionate about news, self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Must be flexible in terms of schedule.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
The Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th through August 13th. The internship will be a full remote/virtual experience. Most internships will provide a company owned laptop for the duration of the internship program. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on bureau location and relocation is not provided as the program is fully remote/virtual. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in college. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Please note that CNN Summer 2021 intern postings may be taken down as soon as we receive an extensive pool of applicants per role. Please submit your application as soon as possible.